What happened to my presentation?

validolina

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Partners sent me several presentations for correction and editing, and after three days of work one of them at startup gives an error: This file is not in a recognizable format
it's such a nuisance, who can tell something?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Partners sent me several presentations for correction and editing, and after three days of work one of them at startup gives an error: This file is not in a recognizable format
it's such a nuisance, who can tell something?

First of all which programme or office suite i.e Microsoft office, open office, libre office were you using?

Secondly, did the programme crash any time you were working on the presentation?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm working at Microsoft PowerPoint. No, not at runtime, could not open the file after several successful saving and reopening

Depending on the version of office:

2007 and later:

try searching for *.pptx in the place you saved the presentation and you might need to enable show hidden files and folders.

As there should be a backup .pptx file (usually hidden).

2002 and earlier:

try searching for *.tmp the power point should have ppt####.tmp in either saved location of the presentation or in the temp folder.

I am presuming you are running windows 7 or later?

To find the temp folder : C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Temp

You will need to enable show hidden files and folders.

The other option you have is to use a presentation viewer to see if that opens the file. You can download it here:

www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon