If these apps available on Windows Phone

Amir Maqsood1

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Who want to switch back to windows phone (or those who still using a WP won't go anywhere) if these apps are available(if already available then work like android/iOS ) on Windows Mobile.

For me:

WhatsApp.
Instagram.
Messenger.
Outlook email and calendar.
IMO.
Telegram.
Windows central.
Salatuk.
Drippler.
Google maps.
SwiftKey.
XDA.
YouTube.

Mention your wish list.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone no longer is competitive in my eyes on a fundamental level like it used to be so I don't think any apps will bring me back. Maybe as a fun toy someday if something big happens but of course, who knows.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone no longer is competitive in my eyes on a fundamental level like it used to be so I don't think any apps will bring me back. Maybe as a fun toy someday if something big happens but of course, who knows.
That would be a shame. Windows works as good now as it ever has since the last 2 updates. Based on out-of-the-box features, it's got nothing to envy from iOS or Android. Of course that warm and fuzzy feeling goes away the minute you want to get so much as a PayPal app.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
It's going to take a whole heck of a lot more that a few apps for me to even take a second glance let alone the thought of even switching back. Much too content riding the stability, consistency and progression train whilst using all my non-Microsoft devices, aspects MS seems to fail miserably at, IMHO.

Even if I wanted to come back, can't now as the bridges that are needed to cross no longer exist. :winktongue:

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone talking about going back to Windows 10 Mobile for the OS is just plain weird in my eyes.
I have a Lumia 830 running W10M with the latest updates and a friend's 1520 and the thing is a MESS.

I can understand people clinging to what Windows Phone used to be (as I'm doing now with WP8.1) but why would you want to go back to something at least as messy as Android and with much worse support and app situation?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is what MS are hoping for with whatever Andromeda turns out to be.

I agree!
In the mean time it still hard for people to come back. If it works out the way some think, some people will come back and some more may follow if they prove to have a good experience. That it certainly what MS is hoping.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone talking about going back to Windows 10 Mobile for the OS is just plain weird in my eyes.
I have a Lumia 830 running W10M with the latest updates and a friend's 1520 and the thing is a MESS.

I agree with the 830 having W10 on it. It is not great on a slow 'midrange' CPU and doesn't scale well on a screen of that size. I also had W10 on several 1520s. No real complains, all were delightful to use until 🔋 battery and the screen died on me.

... !

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Who want to switch back to windows phone (or those who still using a WP won't go anywhere) if these apps are available(if already available then work like android/iOS ) on Windows Mobile.

For me:
Mention your wish list.

Well it seems most people aren't as interested in what you asked so much as complaining about things. Apps I'd like to see on W10M:
Edge with extensions
Edge with full PWA support
Seek Thermal
USB camera support App (I have a borescope camera that plugs into USB; W10M recognizes it, but no app I could find, including camera app will show throughput.)
Outlook email

Hmmm... I pretty much ignore social media so I don't really care about those.

Popular games in general.

Automotive integration like android auto/apple carplay.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I know my needs and use of Windows Phone is well different then most, and if others feel the need to switch or avoid Windows 10 for Mobile that is what best fits their needs, more power to them I say !!
I just don't see the need to even look at iOS or Droid, not when I have found all I need and more in Windows 10 for Mobile.

Even using the red headed step child of the better class of WinMobile the Acer Jade Primo. Far less as beautiful as say the 950/950XL , less powerful then the X3, not as much fun as say the Idol 4S, however with the exception of HP's web portal to X86 none of the above do anything I can't do ( not counting Windows hello).
Heck thanks to app builders I can even do a few tricks that the oh so Super spendy Galaxy Note can do, but that is my nature....spend less and make things do more.

There are still many good time vampire games on Windows Phone...Shuffle Party, Candy Crush Jelly, Contract Killer, so on and so on. No way are games as good here as on iOS and Android, but I'm ok with it. Being older games just do not draw me in like the old days.

VR can be done with Tubecast and 360 Video App, and small amount of VR Apps with a cheep head set from Walmart, but again was cool for a day and then not so much cool just interesting to do 360 video tours of places. Haven't used the headset since I tossed my cookies on the balloon ride to upper atmosphere. WinMobile was never a Hotbed for VR like Google cardboard!!!

Where I found Win10Mobile does best is it's strength Word, OneNote, Outllook, plus added Note Apps like Inkodo which has made my Pen shine for me!!!!!!

Being older and my brain turning to oatmeal, reminders with Cortana ( not many) and Inkodo keep me out of the dog house most of the time. So easy to jot a note and then turn it into a time set reminder....
wp_ss_20180616_0003.jpg

If I'm bored and want to doodle, now I don't mess up paper pads. I just screw about on the phone.
wp_ss_20180616_0002.jpg

Continuum is also handy when you match your phone to cheep Laptop. May not work for most, but fits my needs and in my mind at least I spent much less vs the full on X3 and Lapdock, and that setup can only do the Web Portal x86 apps that I can't. So I use the cheep Laptop for that if I need a full version of something not on the phone. Plus the Laptop can be a portable power point.

In the long run you can either toss your hands up and surrender and switch to iOS and Android, and there is nothing wrong in that!!!! The other thing you can do is sit down and think, how can I make what I have do what I need, again nothing wrong with it!!!

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have switched to Android if Microsoft hadn't given up on MS Teams. However, it turns out that due to my job, I actually need an Android phone because they develop for Android, and not Windows Phone devices, sadly.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
That isnt true. Most users could careless about apps. Windows phone users have a real life instead of playing with stupid apps

Thanks for making me laugh! Most people? If that were true Windows phone would be the leading mobile platform.
In case you haven’t noticed, it’s not.
“Some” people don’t care about apps. That number is minuscule.

Enjoy whatever platform you want. I support that, but don’t make unproven comments like this.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for making me laugh! Most people? If that were true Windows phone would be the leading mobile platform.
In case you haven’t noticed, it’s not.
“Some” people don’t care about apps. That number is minuscule.

Enjoy whatever platform you want. I support that, but don’t make unproven comments like this.
You're slipping. He meant most Windows users but that's a given. We don't have apps so we don't care.

Sent from my Idol 4S mTalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Buy what you love, and love what you buy. There is no "best phone" for everyone. There is only a "best phone" for each individual. ☺️

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
That isnt true. Most users could careless about apps. Windows phone users have a real life instead of playing with stupid apps

I'm assuming you still use a Windows Phone as your main phone? If you still use a Windows Phone and it does all you need it to do, that's great, but it won't be the same for everyone and to assume that people don't care about apps is silly.

I was a massive Windows Phone, I still am in some respect, and I made the same excuses and had the same delusions to convince myself that having a Windows Phone still was the best thing ever, up until a few months ago. It worked for some time too. Then MS gave up on it's own platform and that was enough for me, sadly.

Now, with regards to what you said, at least Android and iOS get the 'stupid apps to play with'.
That's enough for the masses and the masses drive the industry. Furthermore, if users 'didn't care about apps' why do they buy an Android or iPhone or any smartphone?

Why not just stay with a feature phone? After all, most users don't care about apps, right?

Imagine if just one app, such as Facebook, stopped existing. It would cause quite the stir and would possibly impact overall phone sales significantly. That alone would be enough to prove that people actually do care about 'playing with stupid apps'.

In fact, as a Windows Phone user, if you are, you are probably already familiar with how it feels. Every time an app is discontinued on Windows Phone, people care. MS dropped MS Teams on Windows Phone, I cared enough to move to Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention