Retrieve data from lumia 640 with a broken screen using pc

Microsoft RsgMJ

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys, my lumia 640 has fallen and my display and touch is broken. Is there anyway to access the data in phone using my PC. I have been using windows 10 preview update on my phone. Please help...!!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Its the pin lock. And i have also turned on the usb permission.
Well that's unfortunate. Currently off the top of my head, I can only think of two ways to access your files on the phone at this point.

One would be to replace the screen. It is not free, takes time and effort, but if you plan to use the 640 anyway, that would be the best option.

Two would be to use Windows Phone Internals 2.4 to enable mass storage mode on the 640. However this may or may not work depending on what Windows 10 Mobile OS version is installed. This method is risky of course as it requires boot loader unlocking the phone, but if it works and you get your files off the phone you can reverse it and lock the boot loader back.

Maybe wait to see if someone else shares a better approach. I am not certain of another way myself though.

Microsoft RsgMJ

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks,
The issue is that i cant get a display to replace, its not availible in my area.

So can you tell where i can find more about the 'windows phone internals 2.4' option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon