Does W10M deserve one last update (1803)?

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
The latest build on of W10M is 15254.490. Although this update was rolled out in February 2018, it was more of a security update without any new features. On the other end, W10 has got many new features such as:
1. Read aloud feature on Edge
2. Nearby sharing
3. New features in settings like fonts settings
4. Task view & timelines (multitasking window)
5. Fluent design
6. Improved Bluetooth pairing
7. Quiet hours (focus assist)
8. Better storage sense (with free up storage feature)
9. Improved data sense
10. PWA

Since W10M will be supported till 2019, do you think that it deserves one last update to get all these features?

SAIF8897

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
The latest build on of W10M is 15254.490. Although this update was rolled out in February 2018,

Since W10M will be supported till 2019, do you think that it deserves one last update to get all these features?

It is possible you might have missed a few updates. my lumia 950 is on 15254.527.
Again all these are monthly security updates and bug fixes.

Frankly I would prefer to continue to have a robust working phone than new features. Therefore I am happy with what it is.

Ideally I would have loved to have a new phone Lumia 955 with upgraded hardware, but I suppose the user base is not enough to justify investment by microsoft.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't think Windows 10 Mobile will get any updates other than security patches and bug fixes as it did up until now. MS considers it a dead platform, because it is a dead platform and even WC writers switched to OnePlus and whatnot, because they know it's dead. Took me 3 years to realize that the grass truly is greener in the neighbor's courtyard and staying with dead product is just plain old masochism if it no longer suits your needs.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Pointless... another feature update will only satisfy a few like yourself but definitely not all as everybody has different needs / wants. And at what point should they stop as a single update of the nature you've described ain't going to help much especially as the app-gap grows?

So no, I do not think it deserves another update as it's best to just let it die - People using the platform need to face the facts it's kaput, done, over.

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Windows is all being unified into windows core. So it'd be a wasted effort. Better to get the next iteration of a unified windows right. Windows mobile was a beta platform for windows on small devices

anotherBeliever

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Do the Surface Go tablets run the W10M or a different version altogether? Won't they need these new features? :straight: Just wishing to get these new features on my 950.

Packolypse

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is mostly a separate beast. Yes it shares some stuff with the desktop but not enough. The surface Go tablets is your desktop windows on a ultra low voltage intel chip. I would like to see further refinement of windows 10 mobile but there isn't enough of a user base. I personally think 8.1 mobile was far better than 10 once you get passed the live tiles. Any further development will be devices with cellular modems that has functions of a phone. I'm guessing they are waiting for the SD850 successor or Samsung's m.3 chips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon