Win 10 Answer file and Disk Config

NDoyle

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
I read your article about creating an answer file for Win 10. I'm trying to use that but with a wim that is stored on a different partition on my boot usb key but can't get it to work. It never sets up the disk config before trying to find the file so it never finds it. Any thoughts?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I read your article about creating an answer file for Win 10. I'm trying to use that but with a wim that is stored on a different partition on my boot usb key but can't get it to work. It never sets up the disk config before trying to find the file so it never finds it. Any thoughts?

First of all this is a community forum, so if you wanted to the message the author directly than this is not it :).

Secondly, I presume you mean this article?

www.windowscentral.com/how-create-unattended-media-do-automated-installation-windows-10

Did you flip the removal bit or you just partitioned your usb key?

NDoyle

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for replying so quickly. I guess when I said you I was using the communal you for the people at windowscentral.com and didn't realize that anyone could reply. Sorry about that.

Yes, I just partitioned the usb key and then later found a site that said the answer file could only create a boot volume so now I'm working on adding a script at the beginning that uses diskpart to assign a drive letter so that my wim will be seen.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying so quickly. I guess when I said you I was using the communal you for the people at windowscentral.com and didn't realize that anyone could reply. Sorry about that.

Yes, I just partitioned the usb key and then later found a site that said the answer file could only create a boot volume so now I'm working on adding a script at the beginning that uses diskpart to assign a drive letter so that my wim will be seen.

I know it's late lol, that's the downside of having too many thread subscriptions and not enough time. Best to use the quote functionality, so you get a handy notification.

As it's been awhile, did you manage to get the script working?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes