What is logging me out?

Greg7J

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
Every couple days, I get a Windows 10 Notification that something needs to be fixed, and that something is that I need to re-login to Windows 10 Shared Experiences, although I still will be logged into Onedrive.

What is logging me out? (It's not every time I reboot.)

It wants me to type the password for more than one account, but the second account was closed a while back. I have found no way to make it forget about this old account.

How do I do this?
(Shame on Microsoft for this user interface devoid of information and features.)

Greg7J

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
Every couple days, I get a Windows 10 Notification that something needs to be fixed, and that something is that I need to re-login to Windows 10 Shared Experiences, although I still will be logged into Onedrive.

What is logging me out? It's not every time I reboot.

It wants me to type the password for more than one account, but the second account was closed a while back. I have found no way to make it forget about this old account.

How do I do this?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site

What is logging me out? It's not every time I reboot.

How do I do this?
, hi, can you not remove that old/second account here? -> Settings -> Accounts -> Email & accounts

It might also have to do with that you need to update on of your accounts (should be do able at the same tab if needed).

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
I've been seeing a notification for months now that account needs attention. Fixing doesn't help.

I also changed the password but that doesn't sync across devices.

Yes i went to account settings, made changes and updates as well.

Next step is to trash Windows. Maybe forget about it or setup as new.

Happening on Surface Laptop 2 and also Go.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

What is logging me out? (It's not every time I reboot.)

How do I do this?
(Shame on Microsoft for this user interface devoid of information and features.)

Question, have you ran a virus scan with an something like malwarebytes?

If not I would suggest running a scan with malwarebytes and for good measure run trend micro's house call as well as bit defender's rootkit remover:

1) www.malwarebytes.com
2) www.windowscentral.com/how-uninstall-remove-restore-built-apps-windows-10.

But before that make sure you back your files and documents up.

In the event that doesn't work you will have to reset the PC or do a clean install.

You will need to go to settings --> update and security --> recovery --> reset this PC --> try keep my personal files first then a complete if the former doesn't work.

I would also recommend using another PC to create a bootable USB with Windows 10, then wipe the entire drive and reinstall.

If you want to download an older version of Windows 10 like 1903

See here for Mauro's how to:

pureinfotech.com/download-older-iso-windows-10

Lastly, I've merged your threads - for future reference you can find your created threads via 'your menu', please do not create multiple threads.

Greg7J

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks all. I tried to post this question twice and this web site gave no feedback, so I assumed it was not posted and I asked in another forum. I got this problem resolved.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I tried to post this question twice and this web site gave no feedback, so I assumed it was not posted and I asked in another forum. I got this problem resolved.

Good to hear you got it resolved, what was the fix?

Asking as others may come across the same issue as your self and the solution may help them.

Greg7J

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
I didn't discover what I really wanted to know, which was, what was logging me out. What I did is turn off Shared Experiences.

Akshay M

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Follow the steps below to remove or set the time out settings of the desktop and check if the issue is resolved.

Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

Select Personalization and click on Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.

Click on Screen timeout settings and set the time limit or select Never from the drop down bar under Screen option.

Click on Power additional settings from the same page and select Require a password on wakeup from the left side panel of the window.

Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable from the window. Enter the administrator password if prompted.

Check the Don’t require a password option under Password protection on wakeup to disable entering the password every time logging into the user profile.

Let me know if this works. If you still face difficulties please reply this thread. I will try to answer it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3