How do I get into UEFI/BIOS?

367Synqia

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I have tried to follow the steps from the following article:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

But there is no "UEFI firmware settings" button for me, and since Windows 10 has fast boot I can't use any function key to get into BIOS/UEFI. Is thare another way for me to get into the UEFI/BIOS?

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
what computer? different brands have different keys to tap in order to get into bios. usually it tells you on the very first screen when you first turn on the computer. once you know the key, you just have to start tapping it as soon as you power on the computer.

367Synqia

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
I have a custom built pc, but it has an ASUS P8Z77-V LE motherboard. The only issue is that when booting up my computer (since it has fast boot) it skips the ASUS logo and jumps straight to American Megatrends and continues to windows.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I have a custom built pc, but it has an ASUS P8Z77-V LE motherboard. The only issue is that when booting up my computer (since it has fast boot) it skips the ASUS logo and jumps straight to American Megatrends and continues to windows.

You just have to start tapping the delete key as soon as you turn on the computer and keep tapping.

you can also try unplugging the computer, then plug back in then try getting into bios. not sure about your specific motherboard, but when you power off when using fast boot, you are not really powering off. it could be in hibernation. it really depends on your power settings. for more info https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In most cases if you hold the ESC key at boot, you get the bootloader options.

The easiest solution is to check the motherboard manual :winktongue:, but any case it's the delete key.

Power on and hold delete key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro