Any Way To Use NFC Between Windows Phone 8 & Windows 8?

cgrymala

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up a Sony Tap 20, which runs Windows 8 and has NFC built in. However, I haven't found any way to successfully use the NFC. I've tried opening a photo on my Windows Phone (HTC 8X) and choosing Tap+Send, then touching my phone's NFC area to my computer's NFC area. However, while the phone indicates that it's trying to connect, the computer doesn't seem to respond in any way.

Any tips? Is this possible? Thanks.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Nokia is really leading the way with Windows Phone and going beyond others in investing in this platform and developing apps. The 8X is a really great looking phone, but sadly it doesn't look like HTC is fully committed to wp8.
I just saw this article today about Nokia launching an NFC writer for its Lumia phones, you might find interesting.

Nokia releases NFC Writer app for Windows Phone 8

as the article stats, Nokia NFC is available for download from the Windows Phone Store. I'm not sure but it may be able to be used on any WP8 device, not just Nokias. Worth a try.
Nokia NFC Writer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last edited:

cgrymala

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It looks like that app isn't available (yet, at least) for HTC devices.

I did do some more testing last night, though. I tried sending a photo, an Excel spreadsheet, and a contact. Only the contact successfully transferred between my phone and my computer (after transferring to my PC, the PC opened Outlook to save the contact). While trying to transfer the photo and the Excel spreadsheet, I couldn't get the PC to even recognize that I was trying to pair the two devices.

I'm thinking this might be more of an issue on the computer than it is on the phone, but I've also seen a few articles saying that trying to transfer information between WP8 & Android suffers the same limitations (basically, you can't transfer files). :(

Tamara Caligari

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to do a similar project and all I require is to send data (some text) from my WP8 (which is a developer phone) to my PC. I have an NFC smart card reader (SCL3711) installed on my computer but when I try to tap+send a contact it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on what I can do?

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with it between my 8X and Samsung 500T.

It was working okay after playing for a bit but now I have trouble with it. It does kind of work but its not reliable at all and doesn't work way more often than it does work. I'm not sure which is to blame.

It needs Bluetooth to send stuff tho so make sure that's on on your devices.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon