Windows 8.1 and the bad things

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Asus VivoTab Smart 4G LTE and want to know if some one with a tablet (not RT) that originally was Windows 8 and then updated for 8.1.
Have notist that the power button (to wake up from suspend) is not instantaneous anymore? Or it's just mine? With 8 had no delay to wake up, now it's like 3 or 4 secs...

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My surface rt wake button is very consistent. But I do notice that if I log in to my account the screen flickers, it didn't do that in windows 8. Also IE11 is very unstable. It works smooth but it constantly closes without any warning or whatsoever. Don't know what's the deal with that but I hope the fix it soon.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My surface rt wake button is very consistent. But I do notice that if I log in to my account the screen flickers, it didn't do that in windows 8. Also IE11 is very unstable. It works smooth but it constantly closes without any warning or whatsoever. Don't know what's the deal with that but I hope the fix it soon.

Yes, notist that also on browser.
But the thing that really freaks me is the delay at wakeup....
Rest is perfect, all smooth etc

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Another problem that existed also in early W8 is sometimes the tablet won't wake up after long time sleeping and need to force reboot!

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Another one

If I let 4G on during the night it will drain all battery in 7 hours, even with full charge.

Starting to have to many problems!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@Migueli2
My Acer is doing the same thing. Ever since the update, waking from sleep mode takes close to 2 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't wake up at all...forced to reboot with a long press on the power button. Not sure what's going on.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes migueli2, it is because of windows 8.1 that causes the errors. But the problems aren't caused by windows 8.1 itself but I think something between the software and hardware (so firmware updates needs to be pushed by Asus). I have a surface and I have non of these problems. You know I think why? The tablet is made by Microsoft so all hardware on the tablet is updated for 8.1. Only problem I had was IE and that was resolved with a windows update :p.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To many errors now...
Most recent one is I'm getting an error after wake up it says my video card stop running...

What ever system your running this update requires a full system update to your hardware and I mean everything. My Dell laptop needed full bios update along with chipsets and bt, along with video etc etc...

Feels like the XP days when first launched.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Asus VivoTab Smart 4G LTE and want to know if some one with a tablet (not RT) that originally was Windows 8 and then updated for 8.1.
Have notist that the power button (to wake up from suspend) is not instantaneous anymore? Or it's just mine? With 8 had no delay to wake up, now it's like 3 or 4 secs...

DDude, thought I was going crazy as well. I have an Asus smart tab 400me, its doing the same thing after I updated to 8.1. Hit the unlock and it takes 3 or 4 sec. Its like its looking for WI FI or something. It definitely sucks, it also freezes sometimes, apps just close or never open. It's definitely not as smooth as 8.

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

IE11 constantly closes itself on my Surface RT as well.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
MY only gripe with 8.1 is that now the default Photo app doesn't allow you to customize the app background. This feature is now switched over to the default Calendar app.
I mean a Photo app should have a visually beautiful backdrop picture to complement the photos folders/files. The black background make look so weird and uninteresting. And because of that, I am embarrassed to show my albums to my friends.
Hope Microsoft can do something about it with an update. Just my rant ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon