FlipBoard and WPCentral. Wat Da Dealio??

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought it might be my Surface RT. Then I thought it might be the WiFi at my job. But the same thing happens on my laptop at home. What I'm getting at is WPCentral pages won't load. You can get the topics and images as you flip through but if you select an article to read, the app simply spins.
I sent a note to Flipboard support about it and they are looking into it but is this a problem with anyone or is it just me?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you running Windows 8 or 8.1? I'm not sure if Flipboard works in 8. I'm running 8.1, and Flipboard works fine for me.

What browser are you using for WPCentral? I don't use IE. I use Firefox, and WPCentral works fine for me.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you running Windows 8 or 8.1? I'm not sure if Flipboard works in 8. I'm running 8.1, and Flipboard works fine for me.

What browser are you using for WPCentral? I don't use IE. I use Firefox, and WPCentral works fine for me.

I'm running 8.1. Flipboard does work fine. Just not so much with WPCentral. Do you use Firefox as your default browser? I use Firefox, its just not set at default.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 8.1. Flipboard does work fine. Just not so much with WPCentral. Do you use Firefox as your default browser? I use Firefox, its just not set at default.
Firefox is my default. I'm also running desktop, not metro. Add-ons I use are Ghostery and AdBlock Plus.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Firefox is my default. I'm also running desktop, not metro. Add-ons I use are Ghostery and AdBlock Plus.

Hmmm. I'm trying to get MetroUI to work. I haven't looked at running Flipboard desk-side. I got a note back from Flipboard to try removing WPCentral and re-adding it. I'm going to try that. Ghostery? Haven't heard of that one.

Edit: That's ok. I just removed WPCentral from Flipboard. It doesn't make sense to keep it there since it doesn't function on Flipboard. Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar