Windows 8 on smaller screens

Robert Warmerdam

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I would like To know how Windows 8 performs on 7-9 inch screens. Does text het small? Do applications look right?
I would like to get a surface mini or something like that and I'm mainly interested in the modern UI environment.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In the touch friendly area its just fine, no complaints.

In the desktop, things are less rosy. It works best for me with 125% scaling, its mostly usable for me though, some might not like it.

I have a Venue 8 Pro

Tansen

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You can pretty easily get by using the dell venue pro 8 inch, which in typing on right now fyi. Its perfect for on the go use and for using while sitting on the couch or something. I personally would much rather have this 8 inch tablet running full windows than an iPad or android tablet. The functionality is significantly better and the overall value is really superior especially when you consider the price. I'm able to type on it using only the touchscreen even, like I am now.

As for windows 8 on a smaller device, it all scales very well as long as you scale up the interface to 125 or 150%, just like you'd want to on anything else this Size. Desktop mode works fine as well on such a screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just... less than a week ago... got an 8" Windows Tablet (The Dell Venue 8 Pro that Guytronic mentioned).

It is an adjustment. I'm waiting for my Active stylus to come in. I think that will be the essential tool with a 1mm tip. I could use a Bluetooth mouse, I suppose, but doesn't that defeat the point of the thing? (Compact portability.) The buttons get small. Text is fine.

You'll find yourself doing more in Metro, less in Desktop. At least that is my initial result and what I had actually counted on going in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro