Does WiFi Sync use data?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about trying out WiFi sync simply for convenience, but I share an internet connection with 6 other people and don't want to use up our somewhat limited data cap syncing movies to my phone.

I'm connected to a Vodafone (NZ) wireless modem through my phone and my laptop. If I set up a wireless sync, will it use my data?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about trying out WiFi sync simply for convenience, but I share an internet connection with 6 other people and don't want to use up our somewhat limited data cap syncing movies to my phone.

I'm connected to a Vodafone (NZ) wireless modem through my phone and my laptop. If I set up a wireless sync, will it use my data?

WiFi Sync does not use your Internet connection. It just uses your home WiFi connection to allow your WP7 device to talk to Zune on your computer.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I presume you mean a wireless router. To extend and illustrate Speedtouch's response, I often have my SIM card in my second phone, leaving the Focus without any network/carrier/data plan connection: the Focus still syncs with my computers, gets email from the web, etc. through WiFi.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
But I think he's asking if using wifi on his phone will add to his monthly data cap. Like how Comcast has a 250GB cap on their internet.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct F8D, my internet connection (not on my phone) has a limited data cap. Will this be used up if I use WiFi sync?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon