Visit site
Here's Dvorak take on Zune software
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401941,00.asp

I completely agrees with him, Why can't I just move stuff around using
folders directly from my PC? A simpler, easier, neater, more organized,
more intuitive way to do things especially moving and copying photos and
music to and from WP?

Why do I need Zune to do that?

And why can't I use an external microSD?

Why would WP goes into this stupid iTune way of doing things?

btw, i love my hd7

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Zune Wreaks Havoc on Lumia 710 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

music to and from WP?

btw, i love my hd7
Because for 99% of people it's an easier way to manage your phone.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
You can still add music,pictures and stuff to those folders and they will automatically be added to your phone on the next sync as long as Zune is running.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Because for 99% of people it's an easier way to manage your phone.

I've been using the Zune software since the original Zune was released. I definitely prefer letting the software automatically transfer my files versus manually doing it like I still have to do with some of my other devices. I just toss stuff into a folder and forget about it. Simple. I have an old MP3 player that I use for exercising that I have to manually manage all the files on. Pain in the arse. I wish I could just plug it into my computer and let the software manage it for me. The only thing Zune is missing now is the ability to transfer office docs. But no, I don't enjoy manually managing files on my PCs and on my mobile devices separately. The easier/faster it is the less time I spend digging around in folders on my computer/devices.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm pretty impressed with the Zune software. It found all my music and videos on it's own. I think it is much easier and better to use than itunes. And, I just found out that it will convert your xvid/.avi videos when you transfer them to your phone. But yes, it would be great if you could transfer documents.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Zune Wreaks Havoc on Lumia 710 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

music to and from WP?

btw, i love my hd7

Dvorak isn't the target audience. Whereas most computer literate people have no problem managing folders and finding stuff within the folder structure of a phone, the vast majority can barely type an internet address into a browser.

Working in IT I have learned that your software should target the lowest common denominator of user ( know your user). Would I prefer Zune was out of the picture? Yes. But for most it is just easier.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah. John Dvorak. The guy who said Steve Jobs should bite the bullet and put Blackberry OS on the iPhone.

Yeah, he *really* knows what he's on about! :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont get why people hate the fact that ZUNE does every thing for you automaticly..

im gona cry when we lose ZUNE at the end of the year :(

put files in folder-- plug WP to PC -- DONE... FEEW!!

MAN THATS WAY TO HARD!! why cant they make it mroe complicated!

lol

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The guy's a dope. He and his magazine lost their way in the 90s. The guy would expect to still be able to connect an iPAQ.

Read the paragraph that starts with "OK, so you can drag items over.." to see that the old guy doesn't have a clue about his subject/target. (WLPG looked interesting and something he may want to explore when he has time... )

I am computer literate, and, more importantly, literate generally; thus, I am able to grasp how something more complex than file explorer operates ... and how to not sync what I don't want synced --sheeez, what a dope.

Zune is to iTunes or Android file systems, what Lightroom is to a file manager. Zune manages to auto sync thousands of my protected tracks/files, along with hundreds of my unprotected tracks/files, across 3 computers and 3 mobile devices. All the protection rights are checked and updated automatically each month across all devices. I downloaded 14 protected albums this weekend onto a desktop, and they were all synced wirelessly in moments. Yeah, I'd really like to be working at the folder level.

At the risk of repeating myself, the guy is a dope: he is the one who underestimates the intelligence of users and readers.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Zune I really didn't think I liked Zune. I was used to dragging and dropping, doing stuff manually, etc. Now I absolutely love it and don't know what I'd do without it. It's much better than iTunes for multiple reasons. There are a few things that could use some work, but they're very minor. Just give it a chance and use it for a while and you may actually like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon