Xbox Music acts like I have no Xbox Music Pass [problem solved]

Geluidsdrager

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday I signed in for the Xbox Music Pass (free trial) to stream music using my HTC 8X. It worked fine for one day. I haven't had any error report, nor is the free trial expired or whatsoever; all settings seem to be correct. I just can't stream music, nothing more nothing less. I can enjoy thirthy seconds of each song and then buy it, like I have no free trial at all. Only the Xbox Music Pass button (start>music&videos>new>) disappeared.

I tried to shut down the phone but it didn't help. What else could I try?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Geluidsdrager

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox Music acts like I have no Xbox Music Pass

I just figured out the pass works on a Windows 8 computer, but it still does not work on my phone. It's definitely another WP8 bug out of many. Both Spotify and Deezer worked poorly on my WP8 and now Microsoft's own music streamer seems to be even more untrustworthy... Regrettable.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I know there is some error where once you enter into payment from the trial, on that day it Xbox Music Pass won't work on the phone. That doesn't appear to be your case, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Sometimes it seems like it takes a bit to recognize I have the pass when I reboot, etc.

Geluidsdrager

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

The strange thing is that I'm quite sure I haven't changed any settings since my Xbox Music Pass has worked properly for the last time. I can't imagine any logical cause, not even an illogical cause. I wish one could just reinstall the music app...

Thanks for your replies anyhow! :smile:

Geluidsdrager

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Update: problem solved. If someone experiences a similar issue: try contact Microsoft support on chat and follow the advices.

After some non working procedures (like just complementing information to my Microsoft account and rebooting) a Microsoft guy sent me a link for resetting my whole Microsoft account, adding that Microsoft now knows about my probem and that this resetting would help them to solve it. The resetting occured quite quickly. Actually I didn't expect it to work at all - and it didn't affect immediately - but hours later it does now. I'll have something to listen to next weeks :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon