WP store app prices-hike

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Completely surprised for increasing wp store app prices significantly.like minimum amount to be paid for an app is 62₹(was 55₹) where as in google play store its 8₹(deal price) and normally 50₹.

How come msft think that it would appeal an individual to get a wp with those prices higher compared to its rival.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Apps costs only ₹62. It seems people won't be happy unless every app is given away for free. Now we know one of the reasons why developers prefer to develop for iOS over Windows Phone.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The USD has become a bit stronger lately, and prices in foreign currency have been adjusted to compensate. Maybe that's why. Just recently Apple was in the news for raising prices outside the US for that reason. At least they claimed that was the reason!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Completely surprised for increasing wp store app prices significantly.like minimum amount to be paid for an app is 62₹(was 55₹) where as in google play store its 8₹(deal price) and normally 50₹.

How come msft think that it would appeal an individual to get a wp with those prices higher compared to its rival.

If you are completely surprised then keep a better eye on the articles in WC.
http://m.windowscentral.com/get-ready-pay-more-apps-windows-store-next-month
Or of like surprises keep on not reading the article's.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Apps costs only ₹62. It seems people won't be happy unless every app is given away for free. Now we know one of the reasons why developers prefer to develop for iOS over Windows Phone.

I wasn't asking to give them for free but to make prices a competitive across all platforms. msft should give developers freedom to make prices across all regions.like google play having prices start from 8₹ for red stripe deals where as in wp it was 55₹( Price more than normal price for all apps in play store) and now 62₹.

To say I bought 5 apps(play store) at a price of 1 app(wp store) mainly during deals.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you use also the Windows app MyAppFree?
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=286ba4a5-33c3-489a-a5a1-8675503aadca
Bye the way comparing"normal" prices with "discount prices" is not really comparing.

No I wasn't comparing normal with discount prices.

Play store prices
Discount - starts at 1₹ or free
Normal -starts at 62₹

WP store prices
Discount-starts at 62₹ or free
Normal-starts at 62₹

I use myappfree deals but waiting for a required app to be free is a pain.would rather pay for it at an instant to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes