I am thinking of jumping ship to android after several years of owning windows phones. Sadly it is certain apps that I need that are making me jump. Anyhow, I will use the same sim card from my windows phone to my android phone. I want to transfer/export my whatsapp messages to android whatsapp so I can continue my threads and chats etc. Is this possible? Maybe I can go to file explorer on the windows phone and copy the message database file and paste it in the android whatsapp message database folder etc. Or something similar. Any ideas please?
    Last edited by tboy2000; 05-20-2016 at 12:33 AM.
    05-18-2016 08:06 PM
    I am thinking of jumping ship to android after several years of owning windows phones. Sadly it is certain apps that I need that are making me jump. Anyhow, I will use the same sim card from my windows phone to my android phone. I want to transfer/export my whatsapp messages to android whatsapp so I can continue my threads abs chats etc. Is this possible? Maybe I can go to file explorer on the windows phone and copy the message database file and paste it in the android whatsapp message database file etc. Or something similar. Any ideas please?
    so far it isn't possible to transfer your whatsapp messages from windows to other systems. The only thing you can try is to backup whatsapp messages into sd card and then hope that the sd card can be read by the android phone. This might not work though

Other things that you can do is to email the whatsapp chats to yourself for backup purposes
    05-19-2016 03:31 AM
    You can first export whatsapp msgs to google drive, or send the conversations to your mailbox in order to have them on other devices.

More methods and detailed steps:
    iPhone/Android Data Recovery: How to backup WhatsApp messages on Android?
    07-28-2016 03:42 AM