Microsoft Health battery drain: Concerns

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
so recently I noticed that Microsoft Health, with background task enabled, drains battery like crazy on my Lumia 950 (Italian CV, build 14342.1004)
at first, I suspected that because I disabled Location for both Lumia motion data and Microsoft Health, the app tries to pull Location data everytime, thus eating battery
then, the same thing still happened after I "fixed" it

does anyone have the same battery drain problem with the Health app?
also, as my MS Band 2 is coming in a few days, I wonder if I disable background task, will I be able to fully* use the Band 2?
if not, then, Microsoft should take a look at this very carefully...

P.S. fully use, e.g. get notifications, track fitness activity, etc.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
This happened to my 950 when I installed 14342. Must be some bug in MS Health or the OS build. I had to disable background for MS Health (I don't use band).

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
This happened to my 950 when I installed 14342. Must be some bug in MS Health or the OS build. I had to disable background for MS Health (I don't use band).

let's see if the next update fix this one...

btw my first suspicion (the Location one) is wrong, so I'm still wondering what could be the cause
read somewhere in the forum that activating Health's Live Tile can also cause terrible battery drain

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
today I tested these parameters:
* Motion data turned off for Microsoft Health
* Enabled Background task
* Enabled Live Tiles

and my 950's battery is normal again!

apparently there's something wrong with the Motion data collection by Microsoft Health...
the existence of "Lumia motion data" in Extras setting (yes, there are two settings for basically one thing) could also play a role, but I can't be sure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes