Where to put files so Groove Music mobile can see it?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Where do I put my audio files so that they appear in Groove Music? I have a Google pixel android phone but I want the Groove app to be my default music player. I have the files on my phone in my "music" folder but they aren't showing up in Groove. Where do I need to put them?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

if I am correct, then you saying that you have been using the groove app on your android device?
not sure how to do it.

had it been groove on windows phone, wouldn't matter wherever you place the files, groove would identify them with time and they would be there in the app.
at times it is instant, at times you need to open the app and give it time.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
re:

if I am correct, then you saying that you have been using the groove app on your android device?
not sure how to do it.

had it been groove on windows phone, wouldn't matter wherever you place the files, groove would identify them with time and they would be there in the app.
at times it is instant, at times you need to open the app and give it time.
Yeah it just doesn't seem to work the same on Android. Not sure why. I have my music in my music folder but nothing is happening.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

Is there an option in Groove for Android where you can set where it looks for music files? (like the PC desktop version). If so, that would be where you specify your audio files.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
re:

It requires a little wizardry and a PC or Mac and a OneDrive account. Here's a youtube tutorial about it. BUT basically you just copy the music files to the OneDrive's Music folder and thew VIOLA the music appears in all your groove devices.....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon