lockscreen bug

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So while reading among other forums I had a bug confirmed in which the start screen is briefly shown when unlocking the device, now the point of this isn't because of the bug, because that bug is easily fixed by setting the brightness on auto adjust, my question is, which setting would kill battery more? medium brightness (setting I had it on before) or auto adjust (one thing I notice everytime I set it to auto adjust; is the screen adjusts to a level in between low and medium, and adjusts from there however it never really gets too bright because I dont like using my HD7 in direct sunlight)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind I answered my own question through personal usage I found something that quite surprised me; the auto-adjust brightness actually saved me battery as well as getting rid of that pesky "start screen flash before lock screen" bug.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
isn't battery life one of the reasons we have auto adjust for screen brightness?

Glad you got it figured out.

I guess so but if you go looking around at some articles with the title of "battery saving tips" or something to that effect, for any device on any OS (assuming it supports auto brightness) one of the first big tips they always offer is "Turn auto brightness OFF" and me; coming from Android, I did notice well two things; one: that auto brightness did eat up battery as opposed to one set brightness, and the other; auto brightness completely sucks on Android lol. but yeah auto adjusting on WP7 is a lot smoother and saves battery so hey, F it! looks like it's staying on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium