who here does or does not use...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors? I've had the T-Mobile lipophobic screen protector (the one they call anti smear) it's real nice and everything but scratches easily which isn't too noticeable but one thing I notice is the screen loses an ever so slight amount of sharpness to it, given how sharp the OS looks it doesn't look much different, however, where I can notice it is in the pictures, when i snap a photo it doesn't look as sharp so I've been contemplating taking it off but I'm worried of my screen scratching, so my real question is to those who DON'T use them, have you experienced any scratches? I used to have a Droid and was anal about the screen so i had a screen protector on it until i saw a video on YouTube showing how amazing gorilla glass is after that i immediately took it off and never worried about scratches again, how well does the HD7 screen hold up to scratches?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i never put screen protectors on my phone... the 3GS started the trend. my devices are actually fully naked. they look as they i just bought them when i sell them though. never had any complaints.

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for 5months and screen protector for the first month and took it off for the same reasons you mentioned. I haven't noticed any scratches on my phone.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone for 5months and screen protector for the first month and took it off for the same reasons you mentioned. I haven't noticed any scratches on my phone.

alright so I should be good at least until the Nokia devices come out then thanks for all your responses.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
sorry i'm late, but i've had mine for over 2 months. i believe it to be more, but i'm sure it's at least 2.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to put some on my partner's phone when I bought it for her, however I couldn't get any installed without air bubbles present and witnessed screen responsiveness drop slightly with the protector on. I don't use them personally, not even a protective case. I know I'll regret this decision down the line at some point.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Been using the AT&T branded protector on my Surround since mid-November. No bubbles (took 2 tries) and there may be a slight difference in clarity but my 50 year old eyes can't notice it. If it affected responsiveness, which is very good, I would pull it right off. As capacitive screens are glass vs. plastic it's probably overkill (I always use a case) but it does give me some peace of mind. Really personal choice, but not a requirement like resistive screens and styli.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I ended up just removing mine and I am glad I did! It's clarity is back its real sharp and the smoothness of how my finger glides on the screen is something I almost forgot about lol. Its cool I still do have a new one if I have a change of heart later down the road.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Quit using screen protectors after I got rid of my tp2 (resistive plastic, easy to scratch). You will probably crack a glass screen before you scratch it.
Had the hd2 and now the hd7 for about year and a half with zero scratches. Phone is either in my hand or my belt case, no rubber case either.
Wife doesn't use one either, but we make my son and daughter use them even on glass devices just for our piece of mind.

pr0d1gy

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use screens. My HD7 felt too responsive to me so when I applied the screen and it added some tackiness to the touchscreen I was cool with that. No bubbles, looks great. I can't complain.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use screens. My HD7 felt too responsive to me so when I applied the screen and it added some tackiness to the touchscreen I was cool with that. No bubbles, looks great. I can't complain.

Ha! "Too responsive" I totally welcome this since I'm coming from Android and I utterly hated the lag lol.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I would love to be okay with not using a screen protector, but I know how I am and all it will take is one teeny scratch and I'll feel like crap about it. One small scratch will suddenly be all I can see, plus it only takes one brush against something, one split second, and the scratch is there forever. I freak myself out like this which is why I use screen protectors. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon