Focus SOS!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to sync some music to my phone, and each time the sync stopped and I got a prompt to disconnect then reconnect my phone.

What's up? This happen to anyone else? How can i reset my phone without erasing content?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Update software? Is it Mango?

Any chance a reboot of your phone and/or PC may help your syncing problem?

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It eventually did, but I had to unplug the phone about 5 times. Is there a way to reset the phone similar to the iPhone holding down the power/main button reset?

No Mango.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It eventually did, but I had to unplug the phone about 5 times. Is there a way to reset the phone similar to the iPhone holding down the power/main button reset?

No Mango.
A soft reset is a simple power off/on cycle. A "clean" soft reset involves powering off, pulling the battery for 10 second, and powering back on (seems to do more than a soft reset). Both of these methods do not erase any data. A hard reset can be done through the settings menu, or via a combination of physical button presses (every phone is a bit different). This erases everything and restores the phone to factory fresh.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
In the case of the Focus, there is no "soft reset" language in the user guide. Under "Troubleshooting" on P. 10, the power-off and battery-pull steps that jimski provides above are suggested in case of freezes. "Hard reset" is used and that is through the settings --> about route. Other button combinations are used only for formatting the device when you are installing or replacing an SD card (see pp. 11-12). Both of the latter actions will wipe the device clean although back-up data such as calendar entries will be restored when you sync. You would have to reload all your apps and re-do your settings/preferences.

Connecting the Focus launches Zune and the phone is recognized and syncs automatically right away, just as it does with my Zune HD. I just synced 130 tracks today and it deleted 13 tracks -downloads and deletions I had performed yesterday with only my ZHD connected.

BTW, I also got an update notice as soon as I connected today, but it was for version 7 (7.0.7392.0). I had gotten two updates when I first got the Focus 6 weeks ago, and now this. The update is for a) fraudulent 3rd party dig. certificates, and b) any previous updating such as copy-and-paste, etc. -but I already had C & P from the first install. Anyway, it's crawling through the update (it's at 56% "creating a backup" and it's been running for an hour). Maybe a second update (7.5???) will follow the first. I'm a patient guy; my only concern is that any updating won't balk with, or ruin, an uncertified-32gb-card format. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes