Problems with data connection after Mango Update . ( LG E900)

coolzd123

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems with data connections on my phone . After updating , it will work for awhile . Then after awhile it will just totally shuts down and won't work , even when it shows that my reception is good and 3G is working on my phone . When I restored back to the last update it worked , the data connection works perfectly . Anyone with LG E900 having the same problems ? Any solutions ? Would love to hear some . Please reply if anyone has the same problems or any solutions ! Thanks ! :)

Smilingant

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, have exactly that problem. I'm on Orange in the UK and found that the certificates update they released between NoDo and Mango did the same thing. I restored NoDo and waited for Mango hoping that wouldn't have the same issue, but no such luck.

Prior to the update(s) the phone tile always showed 'Orange', 'Orange T-Mobile' , 'No Service' or 'Emergency only' (I'm in a fairly rural location). Since the update it also shows 'Local Network Operator' and 'Roaming Network Operator' which are an indicator that it's likely to stop working (not always though, sometimes it shows 'Orange again').

I have backed up my phone using hx4700's app and instructions from xda-developers and reset the device, but after restoring the phone it still does the same thing.

I did unlock it using the registry editor in MFG so I could use custom ringtones, but no-one else seems to have experienced any issues so I have kinda ruled that out.

I'm still working through ideas so if I come across a solution I'll certainly post it, but I am starting to think it is likely to be a memory fault.

Interesting though that your post is the first I've seen referencing this problem and I've been looking for months.

coolzd123

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes . I myself have been finding threads about this problem . But after searching the internet , seems like no one has posted about this . I decided to post it here as it was pissing me off badly :( I hope it get fixed , I'm just hoping it's some bug or firmware problem . It's kinda sucks not getting to use Mango properly after almost 1 month after it's release . I hope they do something about it , or I would have feel that I wasted my money getting the LG E900 :/

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem for the first time last week in Canary Wharf, it's a surprisingly bad location for mobile reception (both Orange and Vodafone) and sometimes I'd loose my signal and the data connection didn't come back, voice would be fine. Once I restarted the phone and the data was back and the other times I turned the flight mode on and off again and that worked too.
I don't know if this is Mango as I'm rarely in the same location for more than one week and that was the first time I'd seen the problem and I've been using the Mango update since beta.

M_D_Kaiser

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My LG works; in fact it leeches more data than I like.

Have you tried to use the SIM-Setting application from the LG marketplace? It'll configure your network settings correctly (worked for me).

Aeon2k

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a very annoying problem with my data connection that started about two weeks ago (First 2-3 weeks after the mango update all was fine). The phone works fine for calls and sms, but if I don't use my data connection for some time (15+ minutes) it's dropped/deactivated. To reactivate it I have to go to the browser and refresh a random page a couple times. After doing that the data connection is back. It's really annyoing cause everytime I want to use any app that requires a data connection I first have to go the the browser and refresh a couple times before I can use the app.
Anyone else experience this?

I'm in Austria on the carrier bob, which belongs to the carrier A1.

aptcore

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems with data connections on my phone . After updating , it will work for awhile . Then after awhile it will just totally shuts down and won't work , even when it shows that my reception is good and 3G is working on my phone . When I restored back to the last update it worked , the data connection works perfectly . Anyone with LG E900 having the same problems ? Any solutions ? Would love to hear some . Please reply if anyone has the same problems or any solutions ! Thanks ! :)

Did you get that phone in your current operator? Or did you get it unlocked somewhere else and then started using it in your current network? I ask because I got an unlocked E900 that was originally in Vodafone Germany (but I live in Colombia), and when I got the tethering update, the APN was set to the original parameter (that of vodafone) so navigation with my data plan wasn't working properly, even thought the right APN for my network was set in the "cellular" menu on the "settings". I had to go to the MFG app and manually change the APN there and everything worked again.

I assume you already tried the LG network configuration app to reset your network parameters, right?

dirtyh87

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm joining you on this one... My LG Optimus 7 decided to reset itself recently (after the Mango update), to the dreaded 'emergency call' screen. This has happened with every WP7 I have owned (HTC Trophy & HTC HD7). However, both the HTC phones were completely reset when the bug hit me.

The LG seemed (at first), to handle the glitch better than the HTC's, as after the reset, all my apps/contacts/pictures etc were still on the phone. However, it looks like she has lost the ability to hang onto a data connection.

Calls are fine, but some txt messages fail to arrive (despite the delivery report on the other end). My carrier assure me that there is no congestion on my number. The mobile data connection has disappeared completely. I have no 3G or even Edge connection and I can only use WiFi to connect to the internet. Network Setup shows 'setting files are being updated and your handset will be rebooted', with a single 'OK' option. I have tried pressing OK and leaving the phone overnight, not pressing OK and leaving the phone overnight and both the the above followed by a power off/on cycle in the morning.

I have tried a hard reset (within the phone) and a cold boot (Vol +- & Camera & power). None of which have brought back my data connection (but they both did a cracking job of wiping my phone of all data, which is annoying, seeing as Microsoft don't deem a full backup as necessary)!

Just thought I'd throw in my bit. I'm in the Isle of Man using Sure (cable & wireless) - however, I may as well be living on the moon using a potato.

Disappointed.

energywave

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have similar if not equal problem

I have similar issues about data connection on my LG Optimus 7. I had them before Mango too, but I don't remember them before NODO (but I can be wrong...)
I have an open thread on XDA about this issue here: Data connection unstable - lost - xda-developers
I've also posted to youtube the problem I have. Please check the video and tell me if it seems the same problem as you have: Problema LG Optimus 7 - YouTube

Lucan0 25

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in Italy and have vodafone but like 2 months ago my LG E900 is connected to Orange F ( France's network ) every time i add credit to my phone it will eat it all cause of the network, any one know what can i do?

mickgreg

May 23, 2012
Visit site
TThe Network Setup App fixed this for me

I have an E900 which was set up for use in Italy and the data connection was not working in the UK. As suggested above I downloaded the Network Setup app from the LG marketplace and this solved the problem. Thanks for the information! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes