Is my phone just special?

hiawatha98

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
So I?m a new WP7 user having just purchased the Focus S on the day of its release. One of the big selling points for me having come from Android was its reliability. I?ve read in several places that in reliability WP7 beats out both iOS and Android but unfortunately I?m not seeing it. Here?s some of the issues I?ve had so far:

1:
I was talking on the phone using the included headset and downloading a few things from the marketplace. I turned off the screen and continued my conversation until I had to take note of something. When I tried to turn the screen back on, it just wouldn?t. I ended up waiting until I finished my conversation and ripping out the battery.

2:
I started downloading a few podcasts before my train ride to work. I didn?t realize how big they were so I ended up leaving while they were still downloading. When I got home I taped them to resume downloading but they kept saying connection error. I deleted them and tried redownloading them again but the same issue. IE and Twitter both worked so the phone was connected. I tried turning the phone off but after I slid to shut down the screen went dark but would not turn back on. I gave it 10 min and tried again. It wouldn?t turn on but I noticed the back was warm so I pulled the battery again

3:
I was using onenote intermittently to take notes during a meeting. At one point I tried taking notes by rotating the screen into landscape view but the screen wouldn?t? rotate. I tried in IE and calculator as well but none of them rotated. I ended up restarting the phone

4:
Two day ago the non rotating screen popped up again so I reset the phone. After I reset it, the WiFi was not connecting. I tried resetting the router and deleting the connection profile with no success. I ended up restarting it again to fix it.

Is this normal for WP7? Is it a Mango issue? Maybe a Focus S problem? Do I have a bad phone and need to exchange it? Or am I forced to walk out in the rain, fall to my knees and scream ?WHY?? into the night sky every time this happens? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would say either Focus S or bad phone. I've never never had any of those problems you mentioned. Granted both of my WP7s are HTC ones

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit