Odd restarting when charging

BigA

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed an odd behavior when I have the phone plugged in to charge. If I turn the phone off while plugged into just an AC charger, the phone turns off briefly, then after 2-3 second of the screen being completely off, it will automatically turn itself back on. The screen will flash a few times a light white background and then begin to fully boot up. I've even tried turning the phone off while its not charging, I plug in the phone to charge and it automatically begins to fully boot up. Basically I can't turn the phone off and then just charge it since it will always turn itself on when charging.

Anyone else having this issue? Seems really odd to me.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed an odd behavior when I have the phone plugged in to charge. If I turn the phone off while plugged into just an AC charger, the phone turns off briefly, then after 2-3 second of the screen being completely off, it will automatically turn itself back on. The screen will flash a few times a light white background and then begin to fully boot up. I've even tried turning the phone off while its not charging, I plug in the phone to charge and it automatically begins to fully boot up. Basically I can't turn the phone off and then just charge it since it will always turn itself on when charging.

It's that way on all Windows Phones. Rather than the charging being controlled via the firmware, it's handled by the OS, therefore it needs to be up and running in order to charge. I kinda bugged me at first, but really I don't think it makes a difference.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I've not used WP7 before but from what I understand this is normal. The iPhone behaves the same way so it's not new to me. If you turn it off it always turns back on when you plug it in to charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos