contact transfer?

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone transfer contacts to the Lumia 900 via "contact transfer" app? did it pair up with symbian devices like the E72? mine won't work! :(

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I transferred my contacts from my N8. Admiteddly, you're not on Symbian 3, but S60_v2 (blast from the past!), but still, the E72 should have no problems linking to the Lumia 900. Nokia phones generally have no problem when linking to one another.

My N8 was detected instantly the the transfer went extremely smoothly. Perhaps you could reinstall the contacts transfer app? Make sure E72 bluetooth is turned ON and set to discoverable...that sort of thing.

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I transferred my contacts from my N8. Admiteddly, you're not on Symbian 3, but S60_v2 (blast from the past!), but still, the E72 should have no problems linking to the Lumia 900. Nokia phones generally have no problem when linking to one another.

My N8 was detected instantly the the transfer went extremely smoothly. Perhaps you could reinstall the contacts transfer app? Make sure E72 bluetooth is turned ON and set to discoverable...that sort of thing.
I'll try re-installing the app, but when I pair my Lumia to the E72, it says not supported..and when I try to do the contact transfer, it gets to the point of transferring contacts, however it then says, connection interrupted :straight: I also tried to transfer from my N900, but same problem with that also.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Worker for my wifes samsung rogue after i downloaded the "transfer app" from the nokia collection, did not work before the download.

Did NOT work for my e71 or my n900.

From advice here, i started a new hotmail account, inputted all my contacts (ya took like 30 minutes), but my contacts are clean and organize and i don't have people i don't want on it like happened with my original hotmail account.

My other idea was to get (ordered from amazon) a full size sim adapter, put the sim back in the n900, copy contacts to sim, then reinstall in L900.
As you can tell, i ran out of patience and just did it manually.

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Worker for my wifes samsung rogue after i downloaded the "transfer app" from the nokia collection, did not work before the download.

Did NOT work for my e71 or my n900.

From advice here, i started a new hotmail account, inputted all my contacts (ya took like 30 minutes), but my contacts are clean and organize and i don't have people i don't want on it like happened with my original hotmail account.

My other idea was to get (ordered from amazon) a full size sim adapter, put the sim back in the n900, copy contacts to sim, then reinstall in L900.
As you can tell, i ran out of patience and just did it manually.
manually :confused: there's got to be an easier way..and why won't Nokias sync with Nokias..makes no sense...u had an N900 too..how you liking the change? I just got my Lumia today..so far loving it other than this contacts transfer issue

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
manually :confused: there's got to be an easier way..and why won't Nokias sync with Nokias..makes no sense...u had an N900 too..how you liking the change? I just got my Lumia today..so far loving it other than this contacts transfer issue

Hmm...I guess the contact transfer route is out for you:

Try one of the following:

- Sync to outlook/Windows live using your E72 and then use the "People Hub" to pull them to the phone.

- Create a gmail account if you dont have one, and use GMail's exchange setup to link E72 contacts to that gmail account and then use the people hub to pull them.

I'm sure someone has a guide to this posted on the internet somewhere! If I find one, I'll post it.

Lumia2012

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Used the Nokia transfer app to move my wife?s contacts from her Rumor Touch feature/dumb phone. Took less than five minutes. Pretty smooth as long as you have Bluetooth on the old phone.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

There is a couple writes on the web on how to transfer by going to outlook then syncing with hotmail.
I figured what the heck (can't believe this forum sensors heell), i had the time and my contacts list needed some spring cleaning anyway.
Now i have a hotmail account dedicated just to my contacts, i kinda like it.

As for going from the n900 to the lumia, it's a dream. I felt the same way as you about the contacts, kinda frustrating with all the integration, that's why i like the new hotmail idea.
The n900 is a muscle car, it's old, it's loud, rides like crap but it's tons of fun.
The Lumia is a cadillac, rides nice, easy to drive, no need for preparation, you can get in and out quickly and easily.

Loved the n900, but after 2 days with the lumia, i'm not going back.
Windows is the most underated OS there is.
At this point, i'm glad i gave it a try.
So many haters out there that never actually tried it (i was one).

About the only thing i miss about the n900 is the battery percentage app and the notification light.

Why in gods name the phone can transfer contacts from a 3 year old verizon samsung rogue and not the e71 or n900 i have no clue, doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There is a couple writes on the web on how to transfer by going to outlook then syncing with hotmail.
I figured what the heck (can't believe this forum sensors heell), i had the time and my contacts list needed some spring cleaning anyway.
Now i have a hotmail account dedicated just to my contacts, i kinda like it.

As for going from the n900 to the lumia, it's a dream. I felt the same way as you about the contacts, kinda frustrating with all the integration, that's why i like the new hotmail idea.
The n900 is a muscle car, it's old, it's loud, rides like crap but it's tons of fun.
The Lumia is a cadillac, rides nice, easy to drive, no need for preparation, you can get in and out quickly and easily.

Loved the n900, but after 2 days with the lumia, i'm not going back.
Windows is the most underated OS there is.
At this point, i'm glad i gave it a try.
So many haters out there that never actually tried it (i was one).

About the only thing i miss about the n900 is the battery percentage app and the notification light.

Why in gods name the phone can transfer contacts from a 3 year old verizon samsung rogue and not the e71 or n900 i have no clue, doesn't make much sense to me.

Yep, just like you I was hating on windows as well, but mainly because I wanted Nokia to support Maemo/Meego. However, now that I'm trying windows, it isn't so bad...I still love maemo though..it is indeed lots of fun..but time consuming. And well, windows is fast, straightforward and easy..and also very appealing :)

I miss the LED light on N900 as well...but WP makes up for it with it's speech feature.

Yea I had to use e-mail to link it...so I guess I'm good. Thanks all for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes