(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
On the Nokia Forums. One of the Moderators says they are looking into the Button problems. He asked for us to PM him our phone information.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Since many are saying hardware I tried something risky. I pushed really hard till I heard a click. It has been 24 hours since any pop up or mistaken long press. Best phone ever now. Of course take that with a grain of salt regarding your own troubles.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Since many are saying hardware I tried something risky. I pushed really hard till I heard a click. It has been 24 hours since any pop up or mistaken long press. Best phone ever now. Of course take that with a grain of salt regarding your own troubles.

I want to try this. But I'm not. LOL I went through 6 Palm Pre's. The 1st one was the best one.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I encountered in my first handset, before exchange...

Purple tint in auto lighting setting.
Camera Button worked on and off.
Phone would reboot 1-2 times a day.

Since I've exchanged the device once...

Still experiencing the camera issue.
Nasty vibration issue.

I'm honestly contemplating taking it back again..... grrrrrr, it's frustrating. I know it's gotta be annoying for the employees to see me come in AGAIN with problems... but I wanna make sure everything is right. I figure the camera button is more a firmware/software issue, but this nasty vibration issue.... make me cringe every time it vibrates.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
On my unit (latest firmware) I have reliably isolated the unresponsive camera-from-sleep and unresponsive volume adjustment when asleep.

Basically if I let the phone go to sleep (i.e. screen turn off) itself then the hardware buttons are responsive; camera button will wake phone-to-picture and volume up/down will work.

If I on the other hand force the phone to go to sleep by pushing the power button then the camera and volume buttons become unresponsive in their function.

Unrelated: music volume is way lower when set at 15/30 compared to my old Samsung Focus WP7. Confirmed with two sets of buds; the old Samsung buds and some Goldring buds (which incidentally are $100+ quality buds).

Yes i agree about the volume part. It is way lower than my previous titan as well.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed my camera doesn't like to focus on things close up. Like a full frame picture of a calendar with text or when inside the search button app, when scanning barcodes it doesn't auto do focus I have to click halfway and sometimes that is difficult when holding an item I wish to scan.

At this rate I know I have a hardware lemon but refuse to turn mine in until I can transfer my data. Going to turn me sour, I can feel it.

EDIT: Though that is hardware and I don't any of my gripes can be fixed via update so...no more posts here from me.

Last edited:

jtnichol

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
both my phone and my wife's phone are registered to my win live ID. Both phones won't sync. I even did factory resets and deleted everything in all folders online and all calendars. Took off linked fb and Twitter too. Re linked and it says the same error code ending in 108 on both devices.

I can't find help anywhere

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I swap out my phone last night for a new one. I now can say it is a hardware issue. So far my buttons work the right way. Playing Wordament, allways caused the problem on my launch phone. Not this one.

Go swap your phone.

Skullsroad

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having this issue?

Whenever I watch Youtube or play games, either the voice activation screen or the Bing window pops up, interrupting what I'm doing. At first I thought I was accidentally touching the icons on the bottom of the phone. Then I did a test. Played a Youtube vid and set the phone down on the table. It still happens. It sucks because sometimes I have to restart the video or the game. I tried disabling the speech option ( I'm never going to use it ) but it doesn't seem to help.

EDIT

Well I did some more reading and this seems to be a common issue. I bought my phone on Amazon. Anyone try switching phones?

Last edited:

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened a couple times pre-update, and just happened a few minutes ago, post-update. When I tap the back button, the last open app will popup as if I did a long press, although the tap was anything but long. Only happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Think the long press timing may be a tad too sensitive.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
This happens to me too. I have had a black and now a white. It happens on both. On rare occasions I have to boot to get out of the app.

jkimrey

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Having the exact same issue. Seems to be getting worse.

Please let me know if your new phone fixes the problem (not sure if it's a hardware or software issue).

Voice search and Bing search pop up the time. I didn't see this pre update, but post update its going on all the time. its pretty much making alot of the functions on the phone unuseable especially playing games.

I already have a replacement coming from Amazon but I have to wait 3 weeks they said. :[

The weird part is it will be fine for a while then start doing it non stop for a minute or two. It was so bad I rebooted the phone once and when it came back up it immediately launched voice search. I have been using wp7 for a while with my vzw trophy and this was supposed to be the flashy device I got to get people to use wp7!!! Anyway yeah.

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have completely rundown the battery until the phone shuts off. I did it with my first unit and the second time it happened, the phone would not wake up. The phone got stuck in the ATT screen. The phone would not do anything even after an overnight charge. The charger was working fine because I tested it with my Wife's 900. The phone would not reset, enter download mode or do anything helpful. I returned that unit and got a new one.

The battery has also run down on this unit until shutdown and I'm very worried because the cycle is starting again. The phone give a battery low signal, then lights up the buttons, then lights up the screen to white. Then goes blank, then gives the battery signal repeats over and over. It has been doing that for the last two hours.
Why will this Lumias 900 not charge quickly? Why the long restart after a battery rundown. My old focus would do this for a maximum of 10 minutes while it got sufficient charge.
This happened to me on both my phones. I fixed it by unplugging the charger. The first phone didn't cycle. I was just a brick until I unplugged the charger.

UOGamerGirl

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Photo Upload issue

I am not certain if this is a phone issue or a SkyDrive issue. Right after I got the phone (before the update), I took 4 photos and uploaded them to SkyDrive.

After the update, I took 4 photos and uploaded them to SkyDrive - except they've never shown up on SkyDrive. I have 24.9 GB of space available on SkyDrive so it's not a space issue. The screen said "uploading to SkyDrive" and then the photo swooped up and off of the page, just like the photos did before when I uploaded to SkyDrive.

I've tried this several times - kept expecting to go to SkyDrive and find about 6 copies of each photo - except that hasn't happened.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So after 24hrs of use with my new phone, my launch Lumia 900 was defective. I am not experiencing of the touch capacitive button problems at all. Camera button works from sleep mode. No bing, tell me, or back button problems.

I do however have the low light purple problem.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
This thread is only for devices running on the new firmware upadte (4-13-11)​

If you have a bug with your device please report it in this thread. There are many category's of bugs the ones we are looking are bugs that occur in many devices and can be repeated. I will add them to this post so others will have a quick reference to what to watch out for. Not every issue reported will make this list. Just because something is not working on your device that doesn't make it a reportable bug with this device. A hardware issue with your device is not going to make this list. A compatibility issue with your car bluetooth, your headphones, etc... is not going to make this list. Please do post these issue in this thread or start another someone might have an answerer that can help you but don't expect these issues to make the official bug list.

1) Some Lumias have a purple hew at low light
2) Camera button and Volume buttons don't work when the screen is off sometimes
3) Some are still reporting data issues after the update
For me #2 ALL the time.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue that I'm not sure is specific to the latest firmware, but that's when I started noticing it.

I have 4 e-mail accounts setup on my phone. 1 is Exchange, the other 3 are all 'Live Mail' accounts.

When a new e-mail comes in for Exchange it ALWAYS shows on the lock screen, which is as it should be.

However, showing e-mails from the 'Live Mail' accounts is always hit & miss. There's times I will have e-mail in those accounts, and the Live Tiles reflect that, but the lock screen does not.

My HTC Arrive always showed icons for all the e-mail accounts properly on the lock screen.

Anyone else having this issue?

BTW today I just did a complete flash on the device using the Nokia servicing utility so the image on there is 100% real straight from the Nokia servers. It fixed a couple other issues I was having, but that one remains.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm - I wonder if any sort of issues are being seen en masse on the Titan II (other than the purple screen, given the Titan II doesn't have an AMOLED screen)? Just thinking outside the box a little, as these are the only devices on 8112, and pretty much everything else is 7720, 7740, or 8107 depending on carrier or unlock. Does seem like hardware or firmware though if replacing phones fix a lot of people's issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12