File size limit using HFS server transfer

danft

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've set up a HFS file server ( HFS ~ HTTP File Server) on a PC in order to transfer files to my Lumia 710.
Everything works really great and I can transfer all kind of files ( video, pdf, office...) however when I try transferring .jpg files I hit some kind of limit on the Lumia. Smaller jpg's ( few hundreds of kBs) are no issue, I can access them on the PC using the Lumia which then get displayed on the phone's screen. However, if a jpg file is few MB in size ( 3MB for example ), I can browse to the file but it does not want to be transferred and displayed on the phone's screen.

I also need to say that this limit/issue does not apply for any other mobile device I have using the same HFS server on the same PC for the same jpg file.

Thanks

danft

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
JPG size limit for Lumia's web browser

Update:
I've put a larger (3 MB ) JPG file on my web site and tried accessing it using the phone's web browser. Same thing happened. The phones's browser did not want to open and display it.
So, this is definitely not HFS issue, but either Lumia's or Windows mobile's 7.5 browser issue.
Did anyone else tried opening a few MB JPG on a windows phone using the web browser on the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon