Camera Defect to check for

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if any of you have seen this, but I returned my Lumia 900 and got another one because it turns out there was a problem with my camera being far darker than it should have been. I went into the Microsoft store and myself and one of the service guys held our Cyan 900 Lumias side by side with the same camera settings and lo and behold when we both viewed a white tablecloth, his whites were White and mine were grey. :dry I knew my camera was darker than it should have been. It apears my camera sensor wasn't letting in the amount of light it was supposed to. A quick test we both used was tiliting the camera upwards while in the landscape position to see how the sensor handles the change in refracted light. My camera went darn near black while his only became slightly darker. My pictures were a lot noisier than I thought they should have been. My new 900 is much better at taking pictures and while the camera isn't as good as my Titan, it's pretty close now.

I know the lack of a backlit sensor in the 900 camera and a short release period has led to some photos that probably are nowhere near the norm for a nokia device, but I can say that my camera had an actual defect as opposed to just being a bit washed out and noisy. If you think your camera sucks, it might be benificial to take a trip to AT&T or the MS Store and do some comparison testing. I hope I'm one of very few people that had this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers