I am pretty mad

CheesyJif

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing the data issues that people talk about and I went to exchange it today because I finally had some free time. I had bought the phone from amazon, I called customer service at ATT and Nokia and they said you could exchange the phone even though I bought from a different store and that I could come to ATT with the invoice and get it exchanged. So I went to get it exchanged and the guy would not exchange it... I cannot believe they did this

bush715

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You should have known that they wouldn't exchange a phone from amazon at the Att store a they have different supply and return channels and there is no store on the planet that I know of that will take another companies product in an exchange.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You should have known that they wouldn't exchange a phone from amazon at the Att store a they have different supply and return channels and there is no store on the planet that I know of that will take another companies product in an exchange.

Except with the iPhone, even if you bought it on Amazon/Best Buy/whatever you can always return it to any Apple Store for exchange. That's their trump card.

CheesyJif

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

I do know that, but I contacted both Nokia and ATT customer service, and both said that i can return my device if I am experiencing data issues at any ATT store, regardless of purchase origin

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing the data issues that people talk about and I went to exchange it today because I finally had some free time. I had bought the phone from amazon, I called customer service at ATT and Nokia and they said you could exchange the phone even though I bought from a different store and that I could come to ATT with the invoice and get it exchanged. So I went to get it exchanged and the guy would not exchange it... I cannot believe they did this

Common sense would tell you that they can't exchange it, what's there not to believe?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You got the phone from Amazon. Does is have a properly provisioned micro-sim installed. Did AT&T make sure that your micro-sim was on an LTE data plan? No data issues, before or after the update, for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

chevydudesixty9

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
ATT Corp Stores are actually like a 3rd party retailer in a sense compared to ATT Online or over the phone. They use 2 different systems and usually offer 2 different experiences. You can dial 611 and order a replacement over the phone.

Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, ATT Corp Stores, Radio Shack are all considered 3rd party retailers in my book. There for neither will exchange a product bought from someone else.

Lesson learned, don't buy EVERYTHING online. ATT would have probably price matched amazon anyways.....

EDIT- On the other hand, VERIZON WIRELESS Corp stores are actually real store fronts for Verizon Wireless Corp. They will exchange or order a replacement for your phone in store no matter where you bought the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon