7.8 Update for 710 Through Zune. Did you get it?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the 710 on T-Mobile US. Just wondering for those who have this phone, have you gotten the 7.8 update through Zune? Nothing for me so far, and the cable trick didn't work either.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
UK here and just got it using the trick. I'm on T Mobile but bought the phone already unlocked and off contract so maybe that helps?

Anyway, using the trick, the first two interim updates were easy. I randomly disconnected the net connection and the update notification poped up. But the third - and important one - took me a good twenty minutes before I got it to pop up. The timing for the internet disconnection seemed much more crucial for some reason. I managed it at around five seconds in the end.

So for anyone who can't get the main update to appear if they have already managed the first two, persevere, because it was tricky to get right for me.

stuart j

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
UK here and just got it using the trick. I'm on T Mobile but bought the phone already unlocked and off contract so maybe that helps?

Anyway, using the trick, the first two interim updates were easy. I randomly disconnected the net connection and the update notification poped up. But the third - and important one - took me a good twenty minutes before I got it to pop up. The timing for the internet disconnection seemed much more crucial for some reason. I managed it at around five seconds in the end.

So for anyone who can't get the main update to appear if they have already managed the first two, persevere, because it was tricky to get right for me.

Hi Im new here but just wondering if you could tell me where or even how I can find out how to do this please?
Thanks
Stu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes