Why there is no forward button in IE???

Laz velasco

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Any time I browsing the web and accidentally hit the back button I have to retype to get back to the page I was on!
I'd really appreciate a forward button since its easy to miss click on the phone.

I literally spent 10 mins till I was able to type in this box, because the keyboard kept on coming up than hide right away. Not sure why....
Very anoying!!!

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Any time I browsing the web and accidentally hit the back button I have to retype to get back to the page I was on!
I'd really appreciate a forward button since its easy to miss click on the phone.

In IE:

Menu > Recent

Can be used to go both forwards and backwards.

I literally spent 10 mins till I was able to type in this box, because the keyboard kept on common up than hide right away
Not sure why....

Same thing happens when I browse WPCentral on my 920.

Laz velasco

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thx for that solution!
Even tho it would be addressed a lot easier if there where a simple back/forward buttons In mmy opinion..
I mean if they want to be unique plz do it in a userfriendly fashion...

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
go to a page
Add it to favourites but then edit the details to
! Forward
for name the ! ensures it is at the top of the list
and for the url put
javascript:history.forward()
then save and then to go forward you just have to go to your favourites list and press it

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
These javascript shortcuts only seem to work while you remain in that instance of the IE browsing session. If you press the Start button or if you press the dedicated Back button multiple times (until you switch to another app or land on the start screen) these shortcuts will not work when you return to IE. At least that is my experience on a Lumia 920, but I suppose this is an OS-level limitation.

sicnarf033

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
this is a problem that i feel they need to address in next coming update. i have a 1020 phone and i love it but there's so much to improve.

Stefan Cvetkovski

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For me the most annoying thing with IE10 is the lack of possibility to set the start page...

You can open the desired page that you wish to been opened on startup and leave it in one tab.Then just open another one for browsing and when you are finished just open tabs and close all off them just leaving the one you like to be opened next time.

P.S. I know its a stupid way but what can we do when someone up there is reading all of this complains from us users and its not taking any actions.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I found another way, which is to go to the website You want to have as the start page, then select "pin to start screen" option.
Then You'll get nice small miniature tile of that page which You can use to start IE. This way I got Google as the start website of my IE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon