Mode selection unavailable

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. The mode selection option has been unavailable ever since I bought the 822. Do you know if that's because I'm using it on a non-Verizon network ? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130308_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130308_0001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think your phone told you all you need to know (right under the LTE,GSM,3g). I would tell you to unlock your phone but the lumia 822 not having a global version will surely not help you. :)

joel ramos

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
go to marketplace and look for nokia app apn or network plus. it will give you that option enabled
Nokia access point app i think verizon, disabled that in the Portico update, but if you read around, the app should give you that access

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
go to marketplace and look for nokia app apn or network plus. it will give you that option enabled
Nokia access point app i think verizon, disabled that in the Portico update, but if you read around, the app should give you that access

I have the most recent Nokia apn app installed; yet mode selection is unavailable. I'm not sure but not having this option is not limiting the use of this phone in anyway. I still can toggle data and switch between 2/3 & 4g when I want.

I'm hoping that by selecting global mode, the outgoing sms problem will go away.

Shantanu Kongara

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
How does one switch to a 3G network on Verizon? My trophy at home would have full coverage on 3G. But my 822 has 2 bars or less when I am at home while it is connected to LTE.
Is there a way to switch it to 3G? Couldnt do it in the settings menu. And cant seem to find the APN app.

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How does one switch to a 3G network on Verizon? My trophy at home would have full coverage on 3G. But my 822 has 2 bars or less when I am at home while it is connected to LTE.
Is there a way to switch it to 3G? Couldnt do it in the settings menu. And cant seem to find the APN app.

You could try turning data on with connection speed set to 3g. Phone might then give priority to 3g over others. This is a very crude way of going about it.

Nokia Lumia WP8 system apps

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The 822 IS a global phone.

Review sites claim so but, by 'Global ready', Verizon probably meant that it will work with all networks world wide when roaming with their SIM in it. Some of us misinterpreted that to mean 100% unlocked; which after a month of use I can confirm is only partial.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not being a world traveler, I don't know the difference... So I'm a bit confused now. Are you saying other SIMs won't work? If so, there are posts by others here using it with a TMO or StraightTalk SIM... I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what you're saying, though.

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Other SIM's will work; but there is a chance that you won't be able to send SMS and MMS from it. My 822 has a Vodafone SIM in it, and I'm unable to send SMS.

Anupam P

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after portico update.Was not able to send sms. I am using 822 in India and what I notice is when I turn on sms delivery message, I get the message that mobile operator cannot send your message(something like that). Now here interseting point is , if I want to message at say +91 1234567890 then the error message from mobile operator says it cannot deliver to #011+91 1234567890 right now. So it automatically adds #011(in my case as prefix) and hence message never gets send. You can verify from your side if that happens.
As for the solution I flashed the firmware to the original one and now I am able to send sms again.May be older firmware has some bugs, but still I can use call, messaging data with ease now. I still prefer to use these fascilities first. Others like gaming music etc are secondary. I am going to stay on original firmware until something concrete for this problem comes.
hope this helps you all

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually the 822 is a global ready phone.

Frequency bands
GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
CDMA 800
CDMA 1900
WCDMA Band V (850)
WCDMA Band VIII (900)
WCDMA Band II (1900)
WCDMA Band I (2100)
LTE 700