How To Turn It Off?

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried searching the forums and couldn't find what I am looking for.

When I try to power down my 822 (press power, swipe down) the phone powers down and then immediately reboots. Is there a trick to actually turning off this phone?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I take it you're doing this while phone is still plugged in to charge?
'fraid it's a feature of WP8, battery managment for charging, phone will always power on when a power soucre is connected.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try a battery pull? I had an issue that was resolved that way. Although I was able to power mine down before yanking the battery. Although my phone froze once when I put it on the wireless charger powered off and pulling the battery was the only way to restart it. The only other thing I could think of to try would be a reset but I'd go with trying a battery pull first if it were me.

Last edited:

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try a battery pull? I had an issue that was resolved that way. Although I was able to power mine down before yanking the battery. Although my phone froze once when I put it on the wireless charger powered off and pulling the battery was the only way to restart it. The only other thing I could think of to try would be a reset but I'd go with trying a battery pull first if it were me.

That did the trick. I pulled the battery and let it sit for 30 minutes. Now it powers down normally. Thanks.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I take it you're doing this while phone is still plugged in to charge?
'fraid it's a feature of WP8, battery managment for charging, phone will always power on when a power soucre is connected.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while...so when its plugged into a charger, the phone won't turn off? It'll turn off and then turn right back on? That's what mine does...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon