MicroSD Not Found

PhoenixPrince

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey, everyone. So I recently got a Nokia Lumia 521. Decided I wanted to pop a MicroSD card I had into it to get some extra space, so I used a Lexar Class 4 16GB MicroSDHC I had laying around. Now, this thing works in all of my other devices, but when I plug it into my phone, it doesn't work. When I go to storage settings, it just says SD Card not found. I've tried formatting it a bunch of times as FAT32 (no, I didn't use quick format). But to no avail. I've tried soft-resetting it, but that didn't work. I've tried hard-resetting it and that didn't work.

I gave up on that card and tried two other MicroSDs I had on me, a PNY 2GB CLass 4 and a Sandisk Class 4 16GB MicroSDHC. Both work perfectly in my other devices too. But of course when I put them into my phone, neither of them work. Same message as before. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I have to flip my phone six times, spin it, then do some sort of Gregorian chant? Or is my slot just broken? I'm still within the two week return period, so I can exchange it if necessary, but I'd really rather that be a last resort.

Thanks!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I see that you use only Class 4 cards, why don't you try using another Class (higher)? The higher the class, the higher the speeds, that's also one of the pros of them. Borrow such a card from a pal or a family member and try it. If that's not working, I'd call it a fault unit.. :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You have tried enough sd card and none of them work. I would Return the phone and get a replacement, and hope that the next one does not have the same problem.

PhoenixPrince

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'll just do that next chance I get then. I'll bring my MicroSD card with me too, so I can test it in the T-Mobile store. Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes