Latest Update Still Updating After Six Hours

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
So this afternoon, I received a notification about a new update. Waited to get home first so I can plug it in. Started the update around 2PM and now it's almost 10:30pm and the screen still displays the gears that are turning. I've done many updates but ever experienced this.

Anyone else experiencing this with their L810?

I tried to do a reset with powering it on and the holding the volume down button, but nothing happens. It's continues with the gears display. Going to leave it over night an if not done by morning, I'm going to consider this a dead phone and call it in for a replacement since I have insurance.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No need to get it replaced. Pull the battery if you can and give it 30 minutes. Then do it again if it hasn't started. The next step is a hard reset.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Well this is great. My T-Mobile insurance doesn't cover software malfunctions, so I'm having to send it to Nokia under warranty work. Who knows how long this will take. Luckily, the repair center is in Fort Worth and I'm in Irving, so not far from each other.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't send it off. You can just hard reset if you even tried what I posted. All they are going to do is flash it and send it back to you. So if the soft resets don't work just hard reset.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I did all the different button combinations and nothing worked. I either get the spinning cogs again or I get the lightning bolt with the cog, but still nothing gets reset.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, send it in. You might have a bad storage memory chip.

It's in the shipping department ready to go. I tried every combination of button mashing and nothing worked. Only downside is I'll be out of my phone for about a week. Good thing the repair office is near me.

I have a 2nd line I can use, but it's a call and text line only on an old Samsung SGH-A737 phone.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well this is great. My T-Mobile insurance doesn't cover software malfunctions, so I'm having to send it to Nokia under warranty work. Who knows how long this will take. Luckily, the repair center is in Fort Worth and I'm in Irving, so not far from each other.
I have a phone in right now, hoping to take care of my SD card/spontaneous rebooting problem. I just talked to someone a couple of days ago and she said that the service work usually takes 7-10 days. Shipping two ways excluded, of course.

You mention a second line further downpost. Why not just pull the SIM? Oh, wait it's micro vs. mini! I'm running an E73 with one of those micro-mini adapters. Or, just go to TM and ask for a new SIM and activate it.

Best of luck. And a perfect example why everyone should have a backup phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes