GDR2 update on EE no data sense

benjobaggins

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Updated to GDR2 weeks ago. But data sense wasn't included. I just thought "oh well"

My friend has a lumia 920 who updated yesterday and low and behold she got data sense. Both of us are on the same network.

I thought data sense was carrier dependant and not device dependant.

I phoned EE and they said there is a newer version of GDR2 being released. I doubt this to be true as i don't think the guy knew really what i was on about.

So I was just wondering what other people had experienced.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you updated to EE ROM 2 weeks ago then you most likely did it yourself through Nokia Software Updater for Retail and not through OTA. I did this myself a while ago and I have Data Sense. I have heard of this happening before - I'd suggest trying a hard reset. You'll lose all your data but your OS will reinstall itself, and it's possible Data Sense will appear in settings>applications>data sense.

Your alternative is to take your phone to a Nokia Care point and ask them to reflash your latest firmware so you get data sense on the newer build.

benjobaggins

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply, but i haven't got a Nokia phone. My friend has. I have a HTC 8s.

I updated weeks ago OTA. I had three updates in total. I have the FM radio but no data sense. I just thought EE were not supporting it. But my friend with the Lumia 920 updated hers yesterday and has data sense.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Right, have you tried to contact EE to get any official word if you have data sense on the 8s through them?

benjobaggins

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah in my opening post i said that i had contacted them and they say a newer version of GDR2 is being released. As i haven't read or heard anything about a newer version of GDR2 being released. I find this doubtful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb