TELUS 625 not locked!!!!

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! Thought I'd share this one. I bought a 625 yesterday from Telus, and immediately ordered my unlock code before I tried my SIM card (I'm with Koodo), and lo and behold, I didn't need it! Slipped the SIM card in and it was ready to roll! Hopefully this saves others their $20! Cheers!

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
koodo and telus phones (as far as I know) can work with either sim, seeing as telus owns koodo. I've had both and doesn't matter which you use. I would assume it would be the same for bell/virgin and rogers/fido.

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple TELUS phone on Koodo, and had to unlock them. I'll try my Rogers SIM see when I get home later this week. Koodo's prices for service are great, and I love no contracts, just phone selection sucks. But TELUS is offering nearly the same package now.

MisterFree

May 3, 2015
Visit site
God Telus owns Koodoo, just like rogers owns fido, which of course if you owned a rogers phone it would not be restricted from using a fido chip, because that would not make - business - sense. they want you to stay with them no matter if you're with their junior company. and if someone tried it and it didn't work for them; well this must have hppened before the main carrier - which by the way are: Telus; Bell; Rogers - acquired them. all companies like: fido, chatr = Rogers, koodoo, mike, clearnet = Telus, pc mobile, virgin, solo = Bell and then there is Wind, who are independent, but because they have a different frequency spectrum which is a little higher then the main carriers i'm talking about here, the higher the frequency, the less distance it can travel, this is what T-mobile is doing, because all lower frequencies are regulated by governments. so Wind happened in western Canada by selling crappy frequencies. I hope this helps you not make more pointless claims as this one

amitdi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I had Fido Lumia 625 and I put a MTS sim yesterday just to check and it was unlocked. Surely, MTS and Fido are in no way connected

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar