Random reboot

guxu

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
First I noticed that while playing games. I thought it was sound/music related, heat related, etc. But then, I saw it rebooting by itself while no one was touching it. I even closed the game and locked the screen. But it still reboots randomly.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
In case others do not know, the above step is hard reset, which will wipe out all contents and apps on your phone.

I've done this numerous times pal and haven't lost an eyelash :s. Soft reset is your first step to many problems.
Reboot is not equal to soft reset.

will c1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the reboot problem but it was a loose battery. Since you said no one touched it though it could be something else. I tried the paper at the end the battery trick and no more reboots. BTW just placing the phone down sometimes would make it reboot so are you sure there were not table bumps or vibrations?

guxu

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the reboot problem but it was a loose battery. Since you said no one touched it though it could be something else. I tried the paper at the end the battery trick and no more reboots. BTW just placing the phone down sometimes would make it reboot so are you sure there were not table bumps or vibrations?

Very interesting. I tried the paper trick too two days ago. And I have not had a reboot since! I am not sure if it was really loose battery, or by pulling the battery out it cleared something.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. I tried the paper trick too two days ago. And I have not had a reboot since! I am not sure if it was really loose battery, or by pulling the battery out it cleared something.

Rub the gold ends of the battery, sim with a pencil eraser, helps.
Remove the paper and try to shake your phone lightly after you have packed it, do you hear any rattling noise?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes