Bluetooth dropping out

jbuchanangb

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have paired my Nokia Lumia 710 with my car's hi-fi/phone system. (Ford SYNC). When I use the Nokia Drive sat-nav, the directions play through the system on Bluetooth audio, but within minutes the Bluetooth connection drops out for both phone and audio.
I can restore the connection for audio, works fine, until I restore BT for phone, which works but drops out again after a few minutes.
Very annoying. Is this phone incapable of running both BT services simultaneously?

Any suggestions?

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
At least my 920 is capable of running two services at the same time. Any way you can test it with other devices?
My situation is, I have to connect two devices one is the inbuilt car Bluetooth and the other one is an after market device for Bluetooth streaming. My phone by default connects to the car. I have to manually connect to the streamer. When I do that, it drops the connection with the car. It pissed me off. Later I found out the reason it does that is because, both have a voice profile, so it makes sense to keep only one connection. But then I manually connect to the car, then it stays as is, because it that point it uses the car BT for calls and the streamer for audio streaming and drops the voice profile for it.

jbuchanangb

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad that works for you with two devices. I think my problem is that I am trying to do 2 things over one pairing with same device. Used to work OK with my Windows Phone 6.5. Still have that old phone and the sat-nav (CoPilot 7) is so much better than Nokia Drive, I'm going to use it instead of the new one. I just don't like it when technology doesn't do what it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon