Nokia Lumia X

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Um, rumours about this have been around for a while now, have you been sleeping?

That's just a concept drawing, it's not real. It's not an official MS release either.

There are two things that are upsetting people currently. One is the possible release of Lumia Android and the other is Android apps on WP. Take your pick of which one you want to believe and which one upsets you the most. Both are still rumours at this stage.

Have to admit though, the purple is nice.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I never sleep, but I really can't understand why Android on Lumia hardware, why we are helping our enemies to grow!

Enemies??? I don't think of things like that personally and I don't hate or dislike any tech company. I have no loyalties to any company because they are companies. They don't really care about me, just my money and when I plan to upgrade next to get more money out of me.

MS already makes the X series. It's a forked Android phone. I suspect this would be the same idea. So it's not going to be a 'true' Android phone like you think.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I never sleep, but I really can't understand why Android on Lumia hardware, why we are helping our enemies to grow!

Enemies? You mean competition. They are not our enemies. That's too strong a word. If you think Android is an enemy, you should take note that WPCentral is part of a group websites for all major Mobile OSs. IOS, Android and Blackberry. Mobile Nations. Don't believe me look at the very top black bar of this webpage.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Enemies??? I don't think of things like that personally and I don't hate or dislike any tech company. I have no loyalties to any company because they are companies. They don't really care about me, just my money and when I plan to upgrade next to get more money out of me.

You can still care for people or companies that don't care about you. These things don't have to be a transaction.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can still care for people or companies that don't care about you. These things don't have to be a transaction.

People are one thing. Companies are another. Don't confuse the two. I'm way too cynical when it comes to companies. Comes with my age I suppose and experience.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
People are one thing. Companies are another. Don't confuse the two. I'm way too cynical when it comes to companies. Comes with my age I suppose and experience.

It doesn't matter if a company or a girl takes all your money. Emotions aren't trying to maximize the variables your rationally think are the important things in life. Emotions are a end in itself for most people. For example, what was the real benefit for the Spurs fans when that team won the championship.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter if a company or a girl takes all your money. Emotions aren't trying to maximize the variables your rationally think are the important things in life. Emotions are a end in itself for most people. For example, what was the real benefit for the Spurs fans when that team won the championship.

If you want to be emotionally attached to companies or sports that's your and other peoples prerogatives. I'm not. The female mention is very misogynistic of you. Most women are quite capable of spending their own money that they earn.

The emotional attachment that we have to sports is the same one that goes with any group thinking activity. Pick your choice. It's about being in with the group. Companies try to do the same trick. They use group thinking to push their products. It's also the brain washing we've had for some years telling us that we need the latest thing. We're all more subject to following than any one of us likes to admit.

So when I tell you that I'm cynical about such things. I am with reason.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be emotionally attached to companies or sports that's your and other peoples prerogatives. I'm not. The female mention is very misogynistic of you. Most women are quite capable of spending their own money that they earn.

The emotional attachment that we have to sports is the same one that goes with any group thinking activity. Pick your choice. It's about being in with the group. Companies try to do the same trick. They use group thinking to push their products. It's also the brain washing we've had for some years telling us that we need the latest thing. We're all more subject to following than any one of us likes to admit.

So when I tell you that I'm cynical about such things. I am with reason.

Taking care of your girl is not misogyny.

Passion is passion, the object can change, but passion is the same. So, if you say to someone, -hey, this passion is wrong because it cost you money-. to me that's nonsense. Passion is not wrong because it costs you money.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS didn't work on that. some random dude did. its like me making a drawing of the iPhone 7 running Palm OS and some guy asking at iMore why the heck Apple is wasting time on the project.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Taking care of your girl is not misogyny.

You said a girl taking all your money. Which is why I said what I said. What does money have to do with taking care of someone?

Passion is passion, the object can change, but passion is the same. So, if you say to someone, -hey, this passion is wrong because it cost you money-. to me that's nonsense. Passion is not wrong because it costs you money.

I think you misunderstand me but that's OK. As I already stated. If you think it's worth it to you that's fine. Nowhere did I state in anyway that it was wrong. In 'my' thinking however a company does not deserve it or sport for that matter. I can appreciate the skills of sport, I can appreciate good design. But they are just things to me. People are more important to me than these things and for good reason.

That was my point.

All a company wants from you is your money, If you want to think otherwise that's up to you. If you think being passionate about it and it means something to you, great I'm sure the company will appreciate your loyalty to buy their next product. Just like the sports team wants your loyalty so you support them. No difference.

If you think all a women wants is your money then you're dating the wrong women.

If you can't get your head around that I'm not sure what to say.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You said a girl taking all your money. Which is why I said what I said. What does money have to do with taking care of someone?

I think you misunderstand me but that's OK. As I already stated. If you think it's worth it to you that's fine. Nowhere did I state in anyway that it was wrong. In 'my' thinking however a company does not deserve it or sport for that matter. I can appreciate the skills of sport, I can appreciate good design. But they are just things to me. People are more important to me than these things and for good reason.

That was my point.

All a company wants from you is your money, If you want to think otherwise that's up to you. If you think being passionate about it and it means something to you, great I'm sure the company will appreciate your loyalty to buy their next product. Just like the sports team wants your loyalty so you support them. No difference.

If you think all a women wants is your money then you're dating the wrong women.

If you can't get your head around that I'm not sure what to say.

I don't see a big difference between passion for human beings and passion for things. Or passion for free stuff vs. passion for expensive stuff. Passion is passion, It's the same mental process, only the subject is different, that's a minor difference.

I do think passion is unhealthy because it doesn't feel good, it's a state of deprivation of what you want. And when you finally get what you want it never is as good as you dreamed it'd be. The happiness from getting what you want is extinguished fast, doesn't last long. Soon you want more, something bigger, better.

Passion is a thirst that can't be quenched, It's like the addiction to heroine, or other addictive drugs that cause tolerance.

So, when someone says -passion for WP is stupid because MS only wants your money- I say that's nonsense, it doesn't matter if MS takes his money, that's not the big problem of passion, that's superficial. It's like saying -I don't like this type of cancer because it makes me look fat, I want this other type of cancer-. The problem of cancer is not that you look fat, it's that you can die fast, you don't change one cancer for other, you want to be healthy.

MarCou

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Passion is ok. If you passionately like your device, you should be proud of yourself cos you have made a right decision. You also should help others to find devices they could like too. You have to understand your devices pros and cons and be able to talk about them. Then your passion is healthy.

But if you start to define yourself by device you have and even worse, start to see other peoples or companies as stupid or still even worse, as enemies and see yourself as a part of some bigger mission, it really is not in the right area or healthy anymore!

These are mobile phones, they don't make enemies. We just have different kind of needs and choices. For Petes sake, no one can't be your enemy just by having a different needs than you. Nor company is your enemy cos it do something you don't need.

Companies are here to serve US. We pay them for that. They supposed to fulfill OUR needs and we pay for that. We don't need to serve companies.

Some of you guys really need help more than a mobile phone.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes