Windows Central Photo Contest: Microsoft Hardware & Devices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
lumia535_banner2.jpg

To celebrate Microsoft's #Windows10Devices event in NYC, our next photo contest is themed entirely around Microsoft-powered hardware and devices!

It could be a Lumia phone, a Windows gaming rig, your personal Windows IoT creation or even an antique Microsoft track mouse!

Show us pictures of your Microsoft hardware for a chance to win a Nokia Qi Wireless Charging stand!

Here are the rules for this week's contest:

- You must use a Windows Phone to take your picture.
- You must upload your picture to the contest thread here
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any photo editing software or apps you might have used. Altering your pictures is fine, be creative!
- We encourage you to add a little back story, we want to know how your picture came to be, or what the picture represents to you. If you have an Instagram feed or any other photography portfolio profile, feel free to link those for the community as well!
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central so that we can contact the winner.
- We'll only accept ONE entry per person.

Prize

nokia-wireless-charging-stand.jpg

One lucky winner will earn a Nokia Qi Wireless Charging Stand, compatible with the newly announced Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL and indeed any Lumia that supports the Qi wireless charging standard.

Congratulations Blacklac! You've won! Please keep an eye on the email address attached to your forum account for details.

Stay tuned for next week where we'll have a new contest, thanks for enterring guys.

Last edited:

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Taken June 2, 2015
Taken with my trusty and well-loved lemon yellow lumia 1520 who couldn't make it in the picture.
Edited with photoshop among others. Wiped my name from the screens before posting it on reddit last june. Bottom part of the picture is my growing collection of MS stuff, juxtaposed with the top part which is taken from MS's presentation. At the time all my stuff was still on w8 hoping to get the w10. Now they all have the w10 treatment.

Nailed-it.jpg

Now, all I want for christmas is an xbox one with kinect, a hololens, a MS band, and the soon to be announced surface 4!!!!

Last edited:

TheManFromEarth

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Taken with Nokia 1520.
This picture came about from a bet. I have the Nokia 1520 and an LG Optimum G pro, my sister has The LG G4 and her husband has one of the new Samsung Galaxy phones.
The Optimus G pro failed miserably, I expected the Nokia 1520 to beat the LG G4 and it did, but I didn't expect it to be the latest and greatest from Samsung but I did, in all three pics.
Point an shoot, no editing.

I really like this hot.
WP_20150925_14_43_51_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Valentin_Win10

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Photo taken with a Lumia 520. I really like my Surface 3 especially when I can use it outside on a lovely day!
Instagram: valentin_win10
WP_20150806_005.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150806_003.jpg
    WP_20150806_003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

saurabhx04

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
WP_20131221 1.jpg

Hi Windows Central,

I am a huge fan of Microsoft and Windows Phone. I use Lumia 925 and Lumia 520. I really could not find where to post the photo for the "Windows Central photo contest: Microsoft hardware and devices!" So I am posting my photo here. I have Lumia 520 to shoot this photo using Lumia camera. Light condition was not good and since my phone doesn't have flash so you will see some noise also. After clicking photo I used Lumia Creative Studio to edit the photo. I randomly click this photo and it is the one of my best photo so far. One day I came from my office and saw my table I just used my Apple I pod shuffle , my Lamy Safary fountain pen my ear pods and one note book. I just arranged all the item as per my visualization and clicked a photo.. and I was amazed to see this photo. I am posting my photo here and hoping for the good news. And last but not the least. Dainel Rubino I am huge fan of yours. I am a regular reader of Windows Central and I am a Windows Insider too. Plus I had got the invitation on July 29 at Windows 10 Launch event in New Delhi. It was one of the my life time achievement. This event was just awesome. In my Instagram all photos were taken by my Lumia 520 and Lumia 925.My Instagram and Twitter iD is saurabhx04.

Last edited:

mgoletti

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
When I come home from work I usually go jogging with my Lumia 735.
Someday I'm in the right place and the right moment and some nice shot comes helping me to relax
WP_20150918_19_06_51_Pro.jpg

chinkylyle168

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140723_16_39_45_Pro-2.jpg
"Sometimes we say as a product, it could grown out in nature or grown on a tree rather than come off a production line."
- Marko Ahtisaari, Nokia Design Team w.w.w.youtube.c.o.m/watch?v=bRLEifZUGRg

This image was taken by a Nokia Lumia 1020.
I edited the image using Adobe Lightroom 6 and used a filter from VSCOFilm number 4 (C - Fuji Astia 100F Balance Warm). I removed all the grain and increased the noise reduction to have that pure looking feel to the image. I also adjusted the shadows, highlights, exposure, contrast, and clarity to my liking. I wanted to create a warm, natural feel to the image just like the design of the phone. The phone is around three years old now but it still looks great. It is a testament to the Nokia industrial design. It certainly is "human" --- it's not yesterday's or today's technology, it's always pointing to the future.

SomeAudioGuy

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
WP_20151004_00_10_15_Pro.jpg

No windows phone camera contest could be complete without a shot of the best camera to ever grace a windows phone. It's only weakness was its inability to take pictures of itself, so grabbed this with a Lumia 1520.
EDIT
Forgot to include that I swapped to black and white on the 1520.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism