Win a Lumia 950 XL from Windows Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the opportunity to win this device! I'd love to try a 950XL as I'm on my 4th Lumia 830. I've convinced everyone in the office to switch to Windows Phone (they probably won't do that again since it isn't available on any carriers anymore), and they have been enjoying the platform for work around the office.

I'm very mobile, and rely heavily on my Lumia 830 and Surface Pro 3 for having my portion of the business I work for run smoothly at all hours and locations. My Lumia 830 continues to suffer an issue with significant yellowing of the screen on the right hand side. Microsoft has been amazing in providing me replacements under warranty, and I suspect the heat generated from Wireless Charging may have something to do with the issue. Microsoft has told me in house that they think I'm probably pushing this little snapdragon processor too hard between all of the photo processing, emailing, one note, one drive, office apps, phone calls, etc that I use it for, it gets really hot especially on the aluminum frame. Hot as in sometimes I can't hold the phone to my ear to make a phone call.

I would like to see if Continuum is something that helps me stay productive in unique ways, and really want to see the difference tablet class liquid cooling would make on a device I use as frequently as this. Not to mention the photos and videos that I'd be able to take, presumably without what feels like a lifetime of "Processing" and "Saving" feedback preventing me from taking more when I want to on the 830.

Thanks!

Bernhard Burker

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I really want to have the new Lumia, unfortunately it was released so late that i had to choose another Smartphone in the meantime. I would really love to try the Continuum functionality and the camera.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
As I would have to switch off Verizon (not possible) I'd have to keep my Icon and give my sister an excellent early birthday present and be green with envy ;)

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I am a HUGE Microsoft fan; and I use a Lumia 720. But, the latest Windows 10 features won't work on my phone and also the Lumia 950 XL has a monster hardware! If I get that phone, I'll be able to use all the great apps and games and also take really nice photos! :D

Italo Scialdone

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Starting from lg optimus 7, I've ALWAYS owned a windows phone.
Aside from that, I still own all the zune family (1st, 2nd and hd gen)... an act of faith, given that I live in Italy where they have never officially been released! :D
I've spent so much money for microsoft (other then the above mentioned: xbox, xbox360, xbox one, surface pro 3)... so it's clear, I DESERVE a gift... this new flagship will be ok! :D :D :D

Last edited:

hoj1955

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
currently using a 640. luv it, but believe it or not the camera on my old N8 still beats all my other phones! maybe the 950 xl would change that.

Richard Cole134

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I would love to win the Lumia 950 xl because I already have one and I love it but my other half has a crappy phone. I would love for her to have it so she can see for her self how good the Lumia is. I need to win this phone so with your help I can convert another to the best OS out there.

Jaewoong Mun

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Fingers Crossed Guys, If I selected as a winner for Lumia 950, I will use it for my app development to support ecosystem of Windows Platform! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes