LinkedIn going UWP?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Got this mail from LinkedIn.

We are retiring the existing Windows Mobile App on 08/31/2017, which means the app icon will remain on your phone but will no longer work. You can continue to use LinkedIn on your Windows phone by going to www.linkedin.com from your mobile web browser (Edge, Internet Explorer). From here you'll be able to access the full range of LinkedIn features, including search and profile editing, which were not available on the app.

For easy access to LinkedIn mobile web, you can pin the website to your start screen on your mobile device and open it with a single tap. Instructions on how to do so below.
  1. Open the web browser on your Windows phone.
  2. Enter www.linkedin.com and navigate to the site.
  3. Tap the three-dot menu button at the top right.
  4. Select "Pin To Start"
Additionally, we will be launching a new LinkedIn Windows desktop app in a few weeks on the Microsoft Windows App store.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

The LinkedIn Team

It was anyways a web wrapper, I hope when they say a new desktop app is coming, that it is a UWP, I hope they dont just release a desktop app and leave mobile out in cold, How much moe Apathy can MS show towards the mobile.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing. In the email they stated a new desktop app was coming. May be like my bank app, which retired and was replaced with an almost as bad WUP app or it could mean no more Mobile support.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't a desktop app work on a WoA device? What's the point of supporting Windows mobile if all future devices, even phones, are going to be running the same Windows as a desktop?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't a desktop app work on a WoA device? What's the point of supporting Windows mobile if all future devices, even phones, are going to be running the same Windows as a desktop?

Well WoA is suitable for mobile size devices which can make calls but I assume a window mobile is needed for traditional phones which are primarily supposed to be used to make calls and texting, the priority of tasks would be different. Also WoA would have higher ram and memory requirements, it seems more suitable for tablets or any such hybrid devices. These wont replace traditional slab phones atleast any time soon. Plus as per the recent surface phone rumors a hybrid device is seen on MS campus but CShell is extremely buggy.

so why doesnt MS keep the app alive until it figures out what it wants to do with mobile.

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
"Hey Cortana, does Microsoft support Windows Mobile?"

"No, but they do support IOS & Android apps!"

Nice!

Why do we hang onto something Satya said last November; “We will continue to be in the phone market not as defined by today’s market leaders, but by what it is that we can uniquely do in what is the most ultimate mobile device."

Apparently, the market defines the phone market as Android or IOS. Now, I understand!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2