Why you shouldn't buy the Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro with Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
With Windows 10 Mobile's future so uncertain, is it fair to recommend a new Windows phone to people in 2017?
In just two weeks time, what may be the last ever Windows 10 Mobile device to go on sale will be launching in several European countries.
The Alcatel IDOL 4 Pro, launched late last year in the United States, is finally making its way to other parts of the world. But in 2017, should you even consider buying a new Windows phone handset? The answer is a resounding no.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Though I agree with article on the facts that Microsoft's uncertainty with commitment to Windows 10 makes it a risky choice, I wouldn't rule out buying one altogether. If you really want a modern Windows 10-powered phone right now and accept the platform for what it currently is, and not what it will become, then go ahead - buy it! Otherwise, I'd honestly have to recommend picking up an iPhone 7+ Samsung Galaxy S8+. If you don't mind 2016 Androids, choose the Google Pixel XL or LG v20.

hyperleaf

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Idol 4 is kind of awkward for a Windows phone. The hardware is tacky enough to be on an Android phone, probably because that's what it was mainly intended to be. The quick-launch camera button is in the middle of the phone, which is a really weird place to put it, especially for a Windows Phone. Both Windows 10 and Android versions come with the same VR headset, though VR on Windows 10 still seems pretty primitive. If it's the phone you're after, go for the Android version. If you're looking to have the best Windows 10 Mobile experience possible, go for a different device like the Lumia 950XL or HP Elite X3. Just don't buy Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2