Build 2014 is only a few weeks away, and the world is expecting Microsoft to finally unveil*Windows Phone 8.1. The beta*SDK is already in some hands, and weve even heard some 8.1 hardware is now circulating too for some devs. This is unsurprising, because Microsoft is not going to announce this thing with no release details on April 2. Quite the opposite, as Redmond appears to be taking a hit the ground running approach, making the OS preview-update available that day with new hardware only a few weeks later.
    In that regard, seeing Microsoft check app compatibility when submitting new XAP files to the Store should not be a shock. After all, they probably want to test some things out, and were sure little nuggets like this will make an appearance between now and April 2. The change in the Store happened in the last five days, with people noticing late last week.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...
    03-12-2014 10:40 AM
    April is so close, yet so far...

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums
    03-12-2014 11:13 AM
    If I was Microsoft on April 1st I would have people waking up to "A new system update is available" and after the update and install it would say April fools.
    03-12-2014 01:14 PM
    If I was Microsoft on April 1st I would have people waking up to "A new system update is available" and after the update and install it would say April fools.
    Releasing the update during the night is a good idea. That way nuts like me will stay up and install it, freeing up resources for others in the morning. The problem with this idea though is that it's always morning somewhere!
    03-12-2014 01:37 PM