Posting pics on WPCentral WP8 app.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got the WPCentral app on my Lumia 920. Is there a quick and easy way to post pics to any forum threads from my phone with this app? I'm trying to post pics I've taken with my phone to Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!. Seems I can post text but I'm not seeing any way to post pics. I downloaded and used the Tapatalk app for awhile, from that app I could add a media attachment which would let me select pics from my camera roll albums, but that has changed now, don't know why but I can now only post text, no other way of adding pics. There's gotta be a way of doing this right from my phone, not a complicated multi-step process where I have to save each pic to the skydrive then open at home on my pc with another program...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Really? check out this thread, Pictures/Videos taken with your 920! Not everyone there is just posting links to their pics from skydrive. I've asked but got no answers. I did uninstall tapatalk and WPC apps and reinstalled them to see if that would help.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think the app should be updated. I think alot of things could be done form and function, specially the forum part of the app.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Really? check out this thread, Pictures/Videos taken with your 920! Not everyone there is just posting links to their pics from skydrive. I've asked but got no answers. I did uninstall tapatalk and WPC apps and reinstalled them to see if that would help.

They save them to their PC then post it.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
That's disappointing to think that. As good as that camera is and I do like my 920 and Windows Phone, I'm becoming disillusioned with it. If there's not an easy way to post pics I take with my phone when I'm out, not going home, logging onto my home pc, opening folders with another program, etc, etc, etc., then I'll have to consider trading it all in for an iphone.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Either use a uploading service or download tapatalk and upload photos that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Tapatalk, it's not great but it used to work. Something changed and it won't post media/pics anymore, jonly text. I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if there was an issue with that, no help. And I have sent inquiries to the app devs, no replies.
So, my original intent with this thread was to find out how others were posting, anyone using apps other than tapatalk that make it easy, allow posting pics from the app?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have used Tapatalk, it's not great but it used to work. Something changed and it won't post media/pics anymore, jonly text. I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if there was an issue with that, no help. And I have sent inquiries to the app devs, no replies.
So, my original intent with this thread was to find out how others were posting, anyone using apps other than tapatalk that make it easy, allow posting pics from the app?

I personally just upload to flickr than post a link.

I've used tapatalk a few times for photos. But overall I only use the WPC app for the news

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally just upload to flickr than post a link.

I've used tapatalk a few times for photos. But overall I only use the WPC app for the news

Thanks, even though you're not using the app for the same intent as I have. Can you post pics here using tapatalk, or WPC app with your iphone? Does the app work better on your iphone than it does on WP8?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, even though you're not using the app for the same intent as I have. Can you post pics here using tapatalk, or WPC app with your iphone? Does the app work better on your iphone than it does on WP8?

I can post here on tapatalk for my iPhone, for my Lumia 1020 and for my Galaxy Tab 3.

I prefer my WP8, but the iPhone I use for BBM mainly. I actually don't know why I keep using this thing to reply in tapatalk lol

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can post text here, so can I, this one's straight from my phone on WPCentral app. But my question was can you post pics from your phone, with tapatalk or any other app?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys.

I do intend to come back to forums on the WPCentral app and bring in a few improvements to the way we do images (including the ability to post). I appreciate that I have not done as much work on forums as other areas of the app.

The truth is that forums functionality is a lower priority for me over changes to the core articles & comments content of the site - which right now I am focused on bringing to Windows 8.1.

However, I promise that at some point next year I will put out an update focused on forums changes so that posting images will be possible,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon