HELP! Windows 10 technical Preview Boot startup Problem.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just installed W10 today... After few restart there's an option of booting Windows 10 or Rollback previous OS (or something) and I mistakenly choose the Rollback option... After that the Windows display: "restoring your previous OS(or something like that)" after that it become Lockscreen menu... Unlocking it, I only greeted with Blank Screen with only CTRL+alt+del accessible plus control panel... I asked people around seems my OS failed to Boot... And they suggest to Do Factory restore... Anyone countering the same problem? Is there any way I can revert to Windows 10 again? Please Help!

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It is a known glitch that will eventually disappear. I did the same stupid thing and to repair I downloaded the ISO with another computer. It reinstalled Win 10 from a USB Drive.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It is a known glitch that will eventually disappear. I did the same stupid thing and to repair I downloaded the ISO with another computer. It reinstalled Win 10 from a USB Drive.

So you download the ISO for the same Spec as your computer and then what? Using recovery media or something? I need some instructions... Help.

Abdul9

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All you need to do is download the iso file, open it and copy the contents to a usb stick. That way you can use the usb stick to reinstall the preview.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is download the iso file, open it and copy the contents to a usb stick. That way you can use the usb stick to reinstall the preview.

So I push"Assist" button-> troubleshoot-> use a device->EFI USB Device? Still downloading the ISO file here...

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
So I push"Assist" button-> troubleshoot-> use a device->EFI USB Device? Still downloading the ISO file here...

Download the ISO file on another computer. Download Rufus on the same computer. Take a USB drive and make a bootable drive of Windows 10 with Rufus on that very computer. After having done, insert the USB stick into your boot failed computer. And do the things you said above. That will install Windows 10.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Download the ISO file on another computer. Download Rufus on the same computer. Take a USB drive and make a bootable drive of Windows 10 with Rufus on that very computer. After having done, insert the USB stick into your boot failed computer. And do the things you said above. That will install Windows 10.

How to make a bootable drive out of ISO?
What's Rufus?

abenjemaa

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem where my laptop is stuck on a boot loop since I made an update about two months ago. Do you know how to repair this?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes