My desktop is dead!

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what even happened, but I updated to the newest build and my desktop does not even work. No icons are clickable and I cannot right click anywhere. This is making me mad! Also, Windows 10 is horribly slow compared to 8.1...I mean ridiculously slow. Anyone else have this problem?

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I understand that, but the desktop doesn't even work? That's like one of the mail parts of a PC. Plus, it worked when I first update and then I installed the update Microsoft pushed out that same day and then it stopped working. Even though this is a preview ,the desktop should be functional.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ja ja. It's actually the tablet mode. Swipe from the right, switch back to desktop mode and it should work.

I am not sure why, but they seem to think people won't use the desktop in tablet 💻 mode.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure why, but they seem to think people won't use the desktop in tablet  mode.
But instead of disabling it, they show it in the background.. Brilliant! My OCD is acting up looking at a full trash can without being able to empty it. :crying:

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ja ja. It's actually the tablet mode. Swipe from the right, switch back to desktop mode and it should work.

I am not sure why, but they seem to think people won't use the desktop in tablet �� mode.

Haha yeah I ran into this problem very briefly after upgrading to the preview, but figured it out. I think they need a stronger indication that you are in tablet mode. Only current indications I see are that the Cortana input box in the Task Bar simply becomes a Cortana button, and the Tablet Mode toggle in the action center is highlighted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon