Windows 10 for Phones?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Is Windows 10 for Phones really the official way to refer to devices running Windows 10? Is it no longer Windows Phone? If someone asks me what kind of phone I have, am I supposed to say "yeah man, this is a phone running Windows 10"? If even worse, this is a "windows 10 for phones phone"?

I know that their goal is to have one OS running on every platform, but they could be a little more colloquial with it. Maybe there is already a better name going around that people are using, but when I read articles about it, they always say Windows 10 for phones. It sounds horrid. It rolls off the tongue like a bumpy dry turd rolling down a mountain of other bumpy dry turds.

Why not WX, or WPX, or WinX Phone, or ANYTHING that describes the device without actually describing the device? Have I missed the memo?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well there was a presentation slide where they referred to it as Windows 10 Mobile... personally I would just call it "Windows Phone" to simplify matters. If they ask which version just tell them "10".

You really need to stop reading to much into it.. :grin: otherwise you will drive yourself mental... just like the person who thought "Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones HD-10"...was a terrific name :grincry:. (I'm sure they are a smart person, who happened to have had a proper zombie moment).

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Just say windows 10. If they are interested in why it looks similar but different from their windows 10 PC, you can explain it in details. This is a phone version, which can become the one you are familiar with (probably, when docking with a larger screen) exclude the support for x86.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon