Error message everytime I try to use update

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ever since 9926 this is what I'm seeing everytime i go tto the update and recovery section. Im afraid this is going to prevent me from getting the latewst build Am I the only one seeing this?

upate problem.png

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
For those who don't see the update no matter what they do (like myself), you can get the ESD files from MDL and then convert them to ISO. Instructions can be found on MDL

works fine here. Now updating from ISO.

The official ISO will only be available when it gets to the slow install.
I can confirm that update from iso works. This may not eliminate the error you have though...

Last edited:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
For those who don't see the update no matter what they do (like myself), you can get the ESD files from MDL and then convert them to ISO. Instructions can be found on MDL

works fine here. Now updating from ISO.

The official ISO will only be available when it gets to the slow install.
I can confirm that update from iso works. This may not eliminate the error you have though...

​Any instructions or command line switches needed to update from the ISO or just launch setup and follow wizard?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously the only one seeing this screen in the update & recovery section? This is on a surface pro 3 (Microsoft hardware) which makes this even more alarming. If whatever they roll out with the slower update cycle doesn't make it to my SP3 I'm rolling back to 8.1 and waiting for RTM. Not worth the aggravation.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just figured Id post an update to praise MS. I installed the ISO they released for 10041 (the official one not the early ESD) and my update problems appear to be resolved. Update is working fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon